• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Stingray Love

I also am down to my last DX Stingray - ace disc.

I've found Lat 64 Fuse and Westside Tursas to fill the gap, and they are both available in baseline plastic.

Can't sat they feel the same in the hand, but the flight characteristics are very close.

I didn't like the Archer, but I do have several Fuses and Tursai (sp?). :)

Excellent options for premium plastic.

Although it is beaded, I think the best option for a dx Stingray at this point is a d-blend Kon Tiki. Tried it out for one round this weekend, we'll see what it beats into.

Although it is beaded, I think the best option for a dx Stingray at this point is a d-blend Kon Tiki. Tried it out for one round this weekend, we'll see what it beats into.

Ever throw a Cobra? I was just about to bump that thread, they're a beaded Stingray (well, not all iterations but still). I don't know the Kon Tiki but I've been throwing Cobras for over a decade

Ever throw a Cobra? I was just about to bump that thread, they're a beaded Stingray (well, not all iterations but still). I don't know the Kon Tiki but I've been throwing Cobras for over a decade

I have not, it very well could be a Cobra clone.

Innova sent me this response when I asked:

"Good morning!

The DX Stingray is still in production, however, we do not have a time frame for when they will be available at the moment.

Thank you. "

I can wait.

my local pias had a few random dx stingrays about 3-4 total

one pfn at least

most had wear and different levels of flex and grip

if anyone is seriously lookin and strugglin pm me

Too expensive for ya? Here just buy our $25+shipping tour series discs...
I think the cheap DX Frisbee has gone the way of the Dodo. Golf disc prices are going to explode. You have supply shortages, high demand and overall inflation. I think in not too long we will wistfully recall the good old days when tour series discs were only $25. :\

I think the cheap DX Frisbee has gone the way of the Dodo. Golf disc prices are going to explode. You have supply shortages, high demand and overall inflation. I think in not too long we will wistfully recall the good old days when tour series discs were only $25. :\

tbh no one even really throws dx plastic anymoar anyways unless its for a putter

Haven't they already? You could buy DX discs for 6.99 not to long ago. Now 11.99 at the factory store? I know lots of retailers are bumping the prices up to 9.99 as well. So nearly 50% inflation bump already over 3 years.

I guess it's nice to have 500 discs in the basement already.

tbh no one even really throws dx plastic anymoar anyways unless its for a putter
I think it still is thrown as an entry point; if Champ and Star prices jump up there are going to need for DX to stick around because $20 is a lot to ask somebody to pay for a disc just to try disc golf.

Last edited:

I've been switching some discs to DX lately since discovering more of the 3 series discs. I really like my Pro Leos but have switched them out for easier-to-find and cheaper DX Leo3's.

And to stay on-topic, I love DX Stingrays.

Latest posts