• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Bag and Discs on Ebay?

i did some googling on his name and i found this phone number for him so you can give him a call and hope he answers. (xxx)xxx-xxxx

I applaude your efforts to help, but pehaps you should have PM'd the phone #, and simply posted, "Hey, Meulen - found his phone # and sent you a PM."

Granted, if you could find it, so can anyone else willing to dig for it, but posting it just invites any douche bag to call. Don't forget - people can view this forum without being a member.

I doubt anyone will really call the guy just to piss him off, but IMHO, the forum isn't really the place to display personal anyone's personal info. That's why there are PM's and e-mail.

But I think you guys are great digging into this and trying to drive some sort of resolution.
Interested to see what happens...

Last edited by a moderator:
Meulen you are the man! And you were right. Made some posts on discgolfontario.com and one of his friends PM'ed me this:
I am sure Sean will thank you tomorrow.
We all know what it is like to toss one in the lake but to have your whole bag stolen hurts.
When we heard it was stolen from his car we all offered discs and sympathy. Of course that is not the same as a beat up trusted disc.
What ever the outcome, our whole community will want to thank you .

Hope the thief goes to jail or at the very least gets his ass beat.

I'm so crank calling this guy right now... :p

We can get Tim or one of the other mods to scrub the number away, odds are nothing is going to happen if it's up for a few hours, and even if he does get a call or two because of it I bet he'll still be happy to get his bag back.

Meulen you are the man! And you were right. Made some posts on discgolfontario.com and one of his friends PM'ed me this:

Hope the thief goes to jail or at the very least gets his ass beat.

Cool! hope this has a happy ending!

I applaude your efforts to help, but pehaps you should have PM'd the phone #, and simply posted, "Hey, Meulen - found his phone # and sent you a PM."

Granted, if you could find it, so can anyone else willing to dig for it, but posting it just invites any douche bag to call. Don't forget - people can view this forum without being a member.

I doubt anyone will really call the guy just to piss him off, but IMHO, the forum isn't really the place to display personal anyone's personal info. That's why there are PM's and e-mail.

lol yeah after reading that it would have been the better choice but at the time i was posting that didn't come to mind, and lets hope people on here have the common courtesy not to do that. maybe the admin can edit the post before something like that happens and i can just pm him the number.

Got another message from another of his friends:

Nice work dude. Seany D's gear totally got stolen right out of the trunk of his car, in his driveway while he ran into the house. By the time he got back outside, some fu©kSTICK, presumably this Einstein, grabbed it and booked. What a tool. Photos of his PDGA# and those are all trophy tags of events he WON!
I wonder if he reported it stolen to cops and/or insurance. Sounds like a Crimestoppers call to me or as you suggest the guys gets his crap beat outta him!
Good eye. Thanks.
Disc golfers unite!

Has someone reported this to Ebay yet?

It may not be that this guy stole the bag himself but rather someone stole it because it was a bag then saw the discs and thought he had junk and donated it to the thrift store where this guy bought it. Still, this should be reported and hopefully get the stuff back to its rightful owner.

yeah, i did. If it were my bag up for sale on ebay, I'd try to win the bidding and ask to pick up locally in person. Keep the cops out of it. I'd probably even do paypal payment ahead of time if the guy asked, because it'd still be worth it. I'd probably also have to make room on my mantle for the guys balls in a pickle jar. OK, I'm not really THAT crazy, but the guy would definitely catch a serious whoopin'

I gotta tell you guys this is GREAT WORK and a great story!
I'm from Ontario and know SeanyD, the bag owner, and YES the bag was stolen. Here's the story posted up here by Sean on our boards:
http://www.discgolfontario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=6032
Parked in his own driveway. This funstick has got some HUGE cahones and absolutely NO brain. He has no idea what he's doing, putting up shots of Sean's PDGA# and trophy tags of events Sean won!
Thanks so much for doing some awesome Sherlockin' to Yehosha and Meulen. You guys have definitely built up some Diskarma...I see a BIG ACE in your near future!
Not sure where Sean is these days, but we'll make sure to keep yas posted.

rock on!

lets crush this seller and get seanyD his stuff back!

fantastic work Meulen!

someone get that guy a beer....

Great Work

YO!! That bag was stolen out of my buddies trunk a couple of months ago. Someone thought they saw some kids in the park with it once, but that was not confirmed. FOR SURE THAT'S HIS BAG! NO QUESTION!! We are now taking the appropriate steps to recover it.

Thanks again boys... I'll let you know what happens. (if we don't end up in jail)

Disc Golfers rule... come to Toronto anytime.

maybe someone from the ontario faction can forward this along to him. It's the response email I got from ebay.

Dear *****,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to stolen property.

If you see an item on eBay that you think may be stolen, please contact
law enforcement immediately. Tell the police officer handling the case
that we will be pleased to cooperate in the investigation.

Please forward this message to the officer and ask him or her to contact
us as follows:

1. Go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index_selection.html

2. Select "Listing Violations," and then click the "Continue" button.
3. Select "Stolen property," select "You are a law enforcement
official," and then click the "Continue" button.
4. Click the "Email us" link.

Thanks again for your report.

Sincerely,
Hogan

eBay Customer Support

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Form Message: %221433% 041504
D_ID100820092154D_ID/W_ID181950236W_ID/S_ID0S_ID

Subject: VE=C00160 You suspect stolen property is for sale on eBay [#US
100771T CA ?01 -01]

User Feedback: 100
User State: 01

Browser info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US)
AppleWebKit/532.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/3.0.195.25 Safari/532.0

Listing Violations > Stolen property > You suspect stolen property is
for sale on eBay

Item Numbers(s):
270465578976 $CA

Message: These items belong to ***********, and were stolen from his
car.

Latest posts