• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Bag/discs Chicago South suburbs

WindyCityROCer

Par Member
(mods by all means move this post to anywhere applicable)

Howdy DGCR folks, been a long time since I posted (just started playing again last year). I found out today while getting my mail, that my car was broken into last night, and my bag was stolen :wall:

I'm located in the south suburbs of Chicago, my closest/ home course would be Sgt. Means Park. After my near decade hiatus, I'm not really sure who's up there nowdays DG club wise, otherwise I would look for a more local message board/thread.

Anyway on to the actual equipment...
mid-00's pdga tour bag (black), quad-shock straps (I believe that was the brand name of them as well)
Most of the bag is Innova Star (PFN's I believe we call them now) and ofc course, my usdgc rocs!!!
asside from an orange Nova, and green Mc Aviar, ALL of the discs should be labeled with my name(Mike)and number on the rims, and pdga# 28576 on the bottom of flight plate.

Police and some local pawn shops have been notified, I guess I should move onto used sports stores next, unless anyone has any other ideas, or local contact info...

Well, thanks for your time, I can probably get a little more descriptive, at this point I'm mainly posting this out of frustration, and to get the word out there.

Have a good one folks

Cool. Thread done in two with a final resolution.

Good thing thieves see bags of dirty frisbees as garbage. The black pro bag might have looked like a fishing bag or maybe had a bunch of tools in it. Bags are always a wildcard.

I never leave my bag in my car overnight, because I don't want to have to post a thread like this. Much, much smaller chance of my bag getting stolen out of my house than from my car.

I'm glad the OP got his stuff back. :)

My friends car was broken into and disc golf bag was searched through but left. Seems discs are not quite what they are hoping to steal.

I've seen too many threads like ^ to leave my bag in the car over night.

Hey there WindyCity! South suburbs here also. I like to call Oaks in Mokena my home course. Been at Means several times since I started to play back in 2015 (late start at a great/addictive activity). Glad to hear your bag and discs and were found. Sucks with all the crime going on anywhere and everywhere in the Chicago area! Perhaps will run into you at some point in the future at one of the courses around here. Sgt. Means/Oaks/50 Acre Park/Canyons/Highland Park are courses in the area we play the most.