• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Grip Bag and Disc's - Albuquerque

my dg buddy buddy got his grip stolen but didnt end as well as this stolen. he left his window barely cracked and for a few minutes and it was gone

JUSTICE!

I imagine you felt about the same way I did when I saw somebody riding my stolen mountain bike down the road just 2 days after it had been stolen from my house.

Was the guy arrested?

Thieves need to be shot, period. It would probably serve to remind people that stealing isn't cool if we simply shot thieves out of a cannon into a brick wall 15 feet away.

Glad you got your stuff back though.... Ten bucks, what a douche.

Can we take up a donation for the pawn shop owner? Sounds like he went above an beyond and we want to keep him on our side if god forbid it ever happens again!!!

WHOA WHOA…. so did the Pawn Shop owner hold the kid there until the police showed up?

This is crucial.

Glad you got your gear back (priority #1) but I'll be damned if I wouldn't feel a bit cheated if he doesn't have to answer to the police.

I love a happy ending!! may I ask why you had a baseball in your bag?
Getting a disc unstuck from a tree? I've seen hockey pucks used, but a baseball makes perfect sense too.

Awesome that you got back your bag back.

Too bad the punk didn't pay for his crime.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I received a call from a local pawn shop on Wednesday afternoon, letting me know that someone had come in with my bag to sell. I had described it to the owner on Monday and low and behold, it walks in a couple days later! The kid who had it wanted to sell it for 10 bucks! The owner grabbed the bag and told the guy that the bag is stolen and if he wants 10 bucks, he would have to work it out with the police. Hahah, yes!!! All discs accounted for, personal stuff all gone but it's back baby!

Thanks to all of you who gave me words of advice and offers for replacement discs, it means a lot, thank you. Kyle, thanks for all you did as well, I really appreciate it. A special thanks to my buddy Marcos, he gave me his old bag full of new and used discs to keep me going. Appreciate it carn! Golf on!!

A.J.

Right on! Glad you got your gear back, A.J. Hope the kid who stole them got hemmed up by the fuzz.

However, the only real justice would've been for them to tie the kid to a fence and let you huck your max weight Destroyers at him for 30 minutes from 10 feet away. :)

It would have been nice to see AJ catch the dude. AJ is a former USC Trojan defensive end and we call him "Big Bear". I'm sure he would have been cowering in fear!!

Excellent news. Do something nice for the Pawn Shop owner that helped you out.

Just saw this thread. I had a socket set stolen out of my truck once so I know the feeling and it sucks, but glad to hear you got your bag and discs back.

Like everyone else I would like to know if the pawn shop owner held the punk for the cops or at least got his name and address to give to them.

Hope you threw the pawn shop owner a twenty in appreciation as well... he saved you a bundle.

My car got stolen with all of mine and my 2 sons discs and bags in it. Got the car and discs back luckily. Took my tool box and stainless coffe cup. Also the dumba$$ left a brand new 200$ hunting jacket behind. Took a toll box worth 200 and left behind 500$ worth of disc equipment.

It is great to hear that you got your bag/discs back.

I know both the grief and joy that you experienced:

I threw a disc off the tee and it went across a moderately busy road into some large hedges. I dropped my bag, ran across the street, and found my disc after 4-5 minutes of searching. Someone jacked my bag while I was across the street (about 75 feet away) and took off; I was heartbroken. Two weeks later, I received a phone call from someone with the city. Apparently the thief ditched it in the bushes and a good samaritan found it and brought it to the city parks department. The only thing missing was a marshall street microfiber towel.

Thieves are stupid. So glad to hear a somewhat good outcome of this. This is a good community of DGers and people......I've said it before...I love disc golf because it's fun, exercise, you get to see the outdoors in places you would never usually hike/walk...and the BIG ONE...the DG community, majority are good folks that are just out for a good time. Sure there are some stupid chuckers out there and some punk high school kids, but the majority of people I've met through disc golf have been great people.

Latest posts