• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Practice Hole

Kellermeyer14

Someone has stolen the practice hole at Ottawa Metro Park in Lima, OH. If anyone knows anything about its whereabouts or who the perpetrators were please report it!

Someone has stolen the practice hole at Ottawa Metro Park in Lima, OH. If anyone knows anything about its whereabouts or who the perpetrators were please report it!

Keep an eye out for it on Ebay. The thief may try to cash in on it there...

Good luck catching him (and turning the SOB in)!

The stolen practice hole might be on the University of Northwestern Ohio's campus. So if you see a hole that is a Mach 3, report it.

We can't afford for the Lima area parks to see the DG course as a liability.

I think this is great that this is being reported to alert people. That being said, DGCR is a national if not worldwide community, and I don't think its the most effective place to find the perpetrator responsible for a local crime. If there's a high likelihood that the stolen basket is in the area, wouldn't posting this on a local/regional message board, or perhaps having flyers posted at area courses be better?

Fact is, a great deal of disc golf baskets get jacked from local parks across the country. I have yet to see a case where this led to the parks department having reservations about having a course in their park.

For what? $5 scrap. I will buy the clowns a crack rock, just leave the baskets alone.

Well, I doubt they sell them. I bet it is in their backyard and they suck at putting still.

Add to the list the practice basket at River Grove Park in Kingwood, TX. It was stolen 2 weeks ago.

The good news is...

It is the practice basket and will not effect play!

I've seen parks now days using padlocks or special bolts(that require a special tool, thats an arm and leg to buy and can usauly be traced back to the buyer) to secure them to the shaft.

It's sad how low some people will go for "fun".