• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straight Drivers

I think the teebird is the only really straight driver from innova. Even the leopard has some turn. But the teebird's fade can be beaten out of it to make it straight. All the distance drivers have too much turn out of the box to ever be straight, or too much fade to beat in absolutely straight before starting to gain turn.

If I've got a tee shot that has to be straight I always reach for my LS Polaris.I have yet to find a straighter disc.

regular pro existed for a short time
innova_pro_teebird.jpg

Take some of the discs named and go throw them. Every disc is different, as is every throw. Good luck and keep trying.

To the guy that cant throw a leopard straight, maybe its not the disc...

Well I'l start by stating that I throw around 300 to 340'. So these are the Drivers that will go dead straight as well as land straight with no fade.

Drivers: Vulcan, Sword (some fade at the end of it's flight), and Vision.
Fairway drivers: TL (also a slight fade at the end of it's flight), Leopard, and the River.

For mids...jeez, there a a ton of them. In my bag they are the Classic Roc, Buzzz, Wolf (great turnover disc), and a beat up Roc.

How does the Leopard fly for you?

I forehand it and it hooks right, backhand it and it goes left.

No S, just a big curve.

A new DX, a mid 60ish and no wobble.

I like the profile and some of the advice here so I tried a couple and really worked one and it does not work for me. I am working closer to par, only a few over (3 for every basket, 18 basket courses for PAR 54) for the last few rounds. I'm not throwing long, just accurate and putting well.

I am right handed and primarily drive forehand, one in my group throws left handed and throws backhand and our throws look the same, his is slightly farther.

I'm secure enough to say that the Leopard is not a driver that goes straight for me, it turns. And my lessons I no longer go to school here, my lessons are from the tee.

However, some people here know what they are writing about.

I have not seen them at this thread yet, not to say that the guy does not...

Might be me, so what?

Maybe you know how?

I bought a couple, they don't work for me.

Was not an insult. I tried many discs early on and it was my form that caused the disc to fly different from known flight.

I would take a guess that you had been throwing them nose up, causing them to fly more stable.

Just some constructive criticism, not personal jabs at your ability.

All good, thanks.

Maybe I will buy a used one, there were like five for sale in various states of beat at the pro shop.

I doubt that my findings will change, I tried pretty hard to like this disc, teed off with it at least thirty times, that is enough for me to establish whether or not I like it, can throw it, or how it works (for me)

...and thanks for not being a punk.

Yeah, that would indicate it's a form issue; like someone else mentioned - you are likely releasing everything at a hyzer release (very common) and the discs are flying with a large hyzer hook. My advice would be to work on getting the disc level out of your hand - once you have the disc up to speed, the Leopard will hyzer-flip for you ... meaning it should be a fairly straight flyer. The FB will naturally hook, as it's intended to.

...FB and Leopard have similar paths for me.

I'm happier with my form now than I have ever been.

The last thing I need right now is to try to make a disc, that I have already tried, to fly straight.

I'm ok with my form.

I'm not ok with using a Leopard.

I think it is ok to not like something.

I don't roll discs, I don't throw Leopards, I don't drag a cart along.

I'm straight, I have gay friends, I don't do it their way.

The TeeBird is the straightest disc I've seen thrown far and have thrown straight myself.

No offense intended at anyone.

I think it is ok for everyone to have individual choices.

re: everyone who asked about pro teebirds:

There is a reason there was only one run: they sucked. They flew nothing like teebirds

Latest posts