• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straight (neutral) Drivers

TheFitz

Hey y'all,

Dead straight flyers are my bread n' butter. Aviars, Makos, Warships...

So I'm looking for the most dead nuts straight drivers, both distance and fairway. Very neutral flight with little to no fade. Whatcha all recommend!?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fairway: Nothing beats a seasoned DX Teebird. Best durable substitute is an S-FD. Or hyzer-flip something understable.

Distance: Wave or Inertia is the straightest I have found on a slight hyzer-flip.

Z Heat. Really floaty, strange flight. You can't overpower it or it'll flip. Hit it just right and it'll glide dead straight for a long way with no fade. Its a speed 9 driver. Bit of a tweener for fairway/distance. Capable of long flights.

I can't really think of any dead straight super fast drivers. At that speed the disc will do something. It'll either flip over or fade hard late in flight.

well when people start saying discs they hyzer flip...anything beat or understable can fit that bill of course its going to be straight then

however out of the box dead straight at 350 is an opto saint

i would use it at hole 4 at brp if i still bagged one

well when people start saying discs they hyzer flip...anything beat or understable can fit that bill of course its going to be straight then

however out of the box dead straight at 350 is an opto saint

i would use it at hole 4 at brp if i still bagged one

:D can't even throw straight with any disc. I'm always teaching to control the gyro.

Hey y'all,

Dead straight flyers are my bread n' butter. Aviars, Makos, Warships...

So I'm looking for the most dead nuts straight drivers, both distance and fairway. Very neutral flight with little to no fade. Whatcha all recommend!?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Screw tapatalk for making me see what phone you're using. Also, he's got a point:::

Straight is subjective.

Do you release the disc flat always? Almost always flat but occasional hyzer because understable mold? Constant anhyzer because torque monkey forehand? Straight because flat and want little fade? Straight because hyzerflip and no fade? Do you max at 320' or 380' or 440'? Are the distances I just listed ACTUAL distances or do you (knowingly or not) lie on the internet?

Also, beat Teebird or fresh Crave because 15 year bias.

For my noodle arm, Discraft Glide. It's a driver but it has a more midrange shape to it.

Straight is subjective.

Do you release the disc flat always? Almost always flat but occasional hyzer because understable mold? Constant anhyzer because torque monkey forehand? Straight because flat and want little fade? Straight because hyzerflip and no fade? Do you max at 320' or 380' or 440'? Are the distances I just listed ACTUAL distances or do you (knowingly or not) lie on the internet?

do you even know what subjective means?

Straight is subjective.

here this is my subjective idea of straight

main-qimg-3ad7ac09414636f4f039687ef32d2868

I find a Sidewinder a great point-and-shoot driver...Seasoned Eagle, great fairway pointer...DGA Squall super midrange. Lots of glide, almost a fairway driver.

Seasoned Star TL or GStar Thunderbird can be released flat and will fly straight until the ground/tree/basket intervenes.