• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Straightest Flying Mid...

Been liking a truth or even a dragon here. They both pretty much go how you lettum go

There's a lot of mids that can be made to go perfectly straight. Of the mids I've thrown that go perfectly straight at low, medium, and full power the Star Atlas would have to be my choice. I say Star because they're flat unlike champion and I haven't thrown xt. they have very low fade at low power and they resist turn very well at high power. Mako3 get's a mention but I'm pretty sure a star Atlas has more HSS than a Mako3.

threw the over mold innova mid came out with a few years ago. cant remember the name but it was amazing straight. problem was it would get caught on the edge of my hand and I would shank it.

The Atlas. And it would be my recommendation. I keep one in my bag for just that reason. More forgiving than a Comet. And it holds a straight line for distance into a headwind. I'm not a fan of those nubs though.

Compass is less stable than Z Buzzz. Meteor, Fuse, and Tursus are about the same IMO.

I'd recommend the Aurora MS or Mako since they're deeper in feel and beardless unlike some other suggestions like the Comet or Roc.

This.

But for me, the Mako3 is still a good disc, as I can throw standstill shots with it and get a fairly straight flight with a soft landing. So I still bag the (Champ) Mako3 on courses where it's neutral-to-understable properties are useful.

I have a little over 400' of power, and I bag a Champ Mako3 for beautiful straight shots thrown dead flat. With that being said, I also bag a Star Mako3 that is absolutely less stable than my Champ. I use the Star for turnover shots.

Should be noted that I won't throw my Champ Mako3 into any sort of headwind if I'm trying to throw a straight shot with it. It would need some hyzer into the wind since it doesn't hold up very well in it.

Latest posts