• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straitest Premium driver out of the box

Leopard will solve your needs.

Leopard would get my vote.

He said the leopard doesn't stay straight when powered down, and its not straight when he powers it up. I wanna see a video of him, he's got what he claims is some raw power, and I wanna see it damnit!
I also want to hear of his skill level improving, al la form tips from some of the sites better analysts....if he truly has the raw power he claims, it'd be badass for him to refine his skills!
I do wish him the best at golf, and I hope he's not too proud to share his shortcomings so he can improve.

He said the leopard doesn't stay straight when powered down, and its not straight when he powers it up. I wanna see a video of him, he's got what he claims is some raw power, and I wanna see it damnit!
I also want to hear of his skill level improving, al la form tips from some of the sites better analysts....if he truly has the raw power he claims, it'd be badass for him to refine his skills!
I do wish him the best at golf, and I hope he's not too proud to share his shortcomings so he can improve.

"he" is certainly not too proud ;) especially after the round I just threw. 30 mph winds, 45 mph gusts and bouts of hail on a new course. I am just getting a hold on controlling myself and got dominated by new variables being added.

to clarify on the leopard, I can go fully straight when powered down but when I go hard it starts getting a little understable. always comes back for a nice s curve but on tight tunnel shots there's not always enough room to not Clip a tree before coming back.

also my main concern I'm looking for is not something to replace the leopard but something more durable for the woods that does not need beaten in that is very stable. Bc of this I am leaning towards giving vibram a go.

also to appease curiosity once weather breaks I will be posting a video for critique. power is useless on the course without control and I already know my biggest variable to work on controlling is proper weight shift.

I really do wish you the best man, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of your power.
At 30 years old, 5'8" 160lbs, I'm in decent shape and still fairly limber, but I've only gotten close to the 400' mark a handful of times (with a tailwind).

I really think for your power level, a star TL will fill the role you're looking for.

....have you ever thrown a comet? If you can bomb one 300' straight, you're well on your way to becoming a good golfer!

TL or Striker - both handle the straight-line w/ no fade role very well when thrown at speed. If you like to hyzer-flip for straight lines, get a premium Leopard, Valk, or even Sidewinder. A Champion SW flies quite a bit more stable than the DX variety - I'd say 9/5/-1.5/1 for quite a bit of time before breaking in.

Star TL, Medium X-link Trak, and N Volt. Those three should be a great place to start. I think the Trak should fly similarly to the TL, and have added durability.

And the Volt...well, the Volt is a driver that should be in everyone's bag, no matter where you play.

:D

I really do wish you the best man, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of your power.
At 30 years old, 5'8" 160lbs, I'm in decent shape and still fairly limber, but I've only gotten close to the 400' mark a handful of times (with a tailwind).

I really think for your power level, a star TL will fill the role you're looking for.

....have you ever thrown a comet? If you can bomb one 300' straight, you're well on your way to becoming a good golfer!
Thanks brother, I do appreciate it. I have been doing a ton of field work and hope to develop a well rounded game. For reference I am 27 , 5'10" and 210lbs (right now about 12%bf). Luckily I have kept a high level of flexibility as a hockey goalie but lifting for the past 13 years has taken a toll on my shoulders so i can't do much forehand or overhand.

I have not thrown a comet yet, but I have heard they are very unforgiving and great for building consistency. Do they fill a slot in the bag or more just for a learning disc?

Latest posts