• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

Going to make the plunge and use the Trace as my distance driver. Need to get rid of some discs first.

Bump

Anyone throwing the Trace?
Ive got a hot pink bar stamp first run I use sometimes. I'm not sure if its just a weird neutron or a blend. Its kinda hard to describe but its not quite totally opaque. Looks like a solid color but if you hold it up to the sun you can just barely see thru it. But I haven't used it in awhile. Just haven't played much and when I do, I tend to use my lighter discs because of the bum shoulder. I've also got two protons with a mini shop stamp that I haven't thrown. More domey than the bar stamp but not jiffy pop. the local shop had a stack of the sparkle proton and they were all jiffy pop tops.

Barstamp flies more or less like an orc or wraith. A little turn and some decent fade. I've seen other people throw the stock neutron and it was more flipish than mine.

Last edited:
Bump

I have a couple Neutron and Plasma. The Neutron may be a little more HSS but they all fly great. Fresh out of the box they're straight to fade FH and BH for me (~330). I wouldn't trust them in a stiff headwind, if they do flip they take a long time to come back but I haven't tried a Proton so YMMV. Slightly beat in * Wraith or ESP Surge is a good comparison

I have a couple Neutron and Plasma. The Neutron may be a little more HSS but they all fly great. Fresh out of the box they're straight to fade FH and BH for me (~330). I wouldn't trust them in a stiff headwind, if they do flip they take a long time to come back but I haven't tried a Proton so YMMV. Slightly beat in * Wraith or ESP Surge is a good comparison

I guess i'm not the only one who experienced this. Once in awhile when I throw this disc it will turnover, then its almost like the turbo button gets pushed and the things just takes off to the right with ridiculous glide...

Bump

I bag a proton and a neutron. I usually am throwing my neutron for my max distance drives. My proton seems to be more OS than the neutron, but I don't throw it as much because it is a darker color and hard to find.

I'm usually throwing the Trace when others are throwing Wraiths and Shrykes. I would agree that it is very glidy. If thrown annhyzer it takes a while to fight out of it.

I've got a bar stamp that hasn't been used as much that seems to fly more like the proton. However, I'm sure it will lose HSS as it gets beat in.

back to disc golf after a couple years of taking a break, tried a trace the past week and right away it replaced my seasoned blue FR Outlaw (i know outlaw is a little faster speed), however i found all my shots are actually farther and more accurate than with the outlaw by 20-40ft. Its a plasma 169g has great glide for huge bombs, just bought a proton to match up with it for wind and more stability hoping that replaces my beefy red outlaw and i will be very pleased!

I have been testing out the Trace since last fall. Today I really gave it a try with many throws. I've decided I'm not going to bag it. It is a decent disc and it feels nice. I wasn't getting much consistency with it though but the distance was always nice.

Still need to get more throws with Trace to make a final judgment on if it is going to make the bag.

Congrats to those who are getting the Drift in Proton plastic, but when are we getting the PILOT in PREMIUM plastic?

Still need to get more throws with Trace to make a final judgment on if it is going to make the bag.

Congrats to those who are getting the Drift in Proton plastic, but when are we getting the PILOT in PREMIUM plastic?

You're preaching to the choir on that! I've been trying to get some info from MVP on premium pilots, but have heard nothing so far. I've switched to the Axiom Proxy in Neutron plastic until premium pilots are released. Very similar flight and profile. Check em out if you haven't already.

Aside from premium pilots, how about some firm pilots. The website reads that soft, reg and firm were debuted in 2017...

Ive noticed the same as other posters in regards to the trace. My first was a proton sparkle and was pop top. This one reminded my a lot of a sword. All in all a pretty straight disc that didnt deviate too far left or right traveling down the fairway. I could get really nice anhy lines that would hold to the ground and get some hyzer flip to straight with a touch of fade.

The next was a neutron. Mild dome on this one, no "heart beat" depressing the top. This one was a lot more like the flight numbers suggested. I could put some anhy on it and have it hold most of the way before flexing. My hyzer flips would only half flip up before holding a hyzer while flying straight and then fading. Held up well in some wind, this was the first disc that i could consistently get myself a putt for bird on hole 15 at buffumville, MA.

My current trace is a plasma. i wouldnt really call it pop top, but it does have the "heart beat". This one is falling right in between the previous. Kinda does everything well. Its my go to for distance without sacrificing control. The only time im reluctant to throw it is some head wind where i need to finish with fade. In that case the Defy has been outstanding.

After forgetting to pick up my inspire off the fairway, i ended up grabbing a drift to try out. I was hoping for an inspire with a liitle more carry thanks to the slight dome. Granted its fresh, this thing was flying hella stable. Straight with fade every throw. i put it up on a high cutting anhy Fh with gusto behind it and it just held without the slightest desire to turn down. From what ive been told from a noodle arm friend was his took a good 50 tree hits before he started to see the turn. Hoping it works out being the cheap bastard I am. I love the lower price point in comparison to the overmold.

After forgetting to pick up my inspire off the fairway, i ended up grabbing a drift to try out. I was hoping for an inspire with a liitle more carry thanks to the slight dome. Granted its fresh, this thing was flying hella stable. Straight with fade every throw. i put it up on a high cutting anhy Fh with gusto behind it and it just held without the slightest desire to turn down. From what ive been told from a noodle arm friend was his took a good 50 tree hits before he started to see the turn. Hoping it works out being the cheap bastard I am. I love the lower price point in comparison to the overmold.

What weight is yours? I picked up 165 and it has a good amount of turn out of the box. It hyzerflips pretty easily for me, and I don't have a big arm.

Aside from premium pilots, how about some firm pilots.

AMEN! I flip between P2s and Pilots for putting and love them both, but for touch approaches and long putts, the Pilot is my absolute go-to. I've hit more 60+ foot putts in the last two years with the Pilot than any putter in 15 years. The neutral flight and low profile just click with me. However, half my Pilots are medium soft, and a couple are rubbery soft. I would kill for some stiff Pilots. (shut up)

I have a 175 proton drift. the other ive thrown was a neutron of the same weight. the one throw i got with my friends was an open field shot. I put it on a hyzer, it stood up to flat, tracked 375 and faded out. My buddies reply at the time was, well if you cant get it to turn im never going to be able to. A month later i asked him to trade it to me and he told me no, it broke in and its his go to lol.

When the electron envy came out I curbed my pilots for a while. I gave them a pretty solid audition and putt well with them, but ultimately came back to how much better the pilot felt in my hand.

What is similar to the Drift? I haven't heard a lot of feedback about it.

I know the Axiom Clash is supposed to be like an Eagle X but I find it shorter with less glide. I hoping Streamline will come out with a fairway driver with the same or similar rim configuration of an Eagle X that is closer in flight.

Who's gotten their hands on a Flair? Would love a comparison to an FD3 or Firebird if anyone's thrown both.

Latest posts