• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Streets 2018

167 Star Valkyrie - fresh(ish)
167 Pro Valkyrie -seasoned(ish)

174 Z Wasp - fresh(ish)
174 Z Buzzz - seasoned

174-175 Soft Wizards (4) - 1 fresh(ish) thrower, 1 seasoned thrower, 2 putters

I might need to bag a Firebird again, but not going to go for a heavier one. I'm thinking mid 160's. I want to actually be able to use the thing.

Sick mid lineup.

174 Z Wasp - fresh(ish)
174 Z Buzzz - seasoned

I might need to bag a Firebird again, but not going to go for a heavier one. I'm thinking mid 160's. I want to actually be able to use the thing.

I like that selection. My current bag looks similar:

Champion Teebird
DX Teebird

ESP Zone
ESP Comet

D-Line P3
Retro Pure
D-Line P2 (2) for putting

... pretty much the same slots as your bag. :)

My drivers and mids are settled; these four discs have served my well. With my putters I feel to have too much overlap. I'd love to drop a disc there, but am not sure what I could spare. Throwing P2s is awkward for me, the P3 feels so much better in my hand (and mine flies pretty much the same). But for putting the thicker P2 feels better ... The Pure I can power down best; it does slow annies without fade ... but on the other hand lacks the little fade I'd like to have for putting. Thus, I currently carry all of them.

I don't want to hijack your thread, just share some thoughts with you. Your bags are a great inspiration for me!

174 Z Wasp - fresh(ish)
174 Z Buzzz - seasoned

Cool with the Valkyrie's as I use them too but Champion Glow 170 grams and older star 170 grams both low dome and the Star is beefy even being 8 years older 2009 ice bowl then a newer Champion Version same wight. I like discs, drivers no more then 171-172 grams even ones that are fairway discs like my Impacts and XL discs. my Champion Destroyers I prefer the same wight you use for Valkyries about 167 grams but I will get the disc up to 170 grams but not further.

Last edited:
Figuring Out Drivers

Midranges:
174 Z Wasp - freshish
174 Z Buzzz - seasoned

Putters:
174 Soft Wizard - lightly seasoned
175 Soft Wizard - seasoned

My drivers tend to be a revolving door and really want to try and figure out a good mold to stick with. I'm going to test out an Dx Eagle and MOLF and start building my drivers from one good reliable in all conditions mold. Wizards, Buzzz and Wasp are locked in.

Midranges:
174 Z Wasp - freshish
174 Z Buzzz - seasoned

Putters:
174 Soft Wizard - lightly seasoned
175 Soft Wizard - seasoned

My drivers tend to be a revolving door and really want to try and figure out a good mold to stick with. I'm going to test out an Dx Eagle and MOLF and start building my drivers from one good reliable in all conditions mold. Wizards, Buzzz and Wasp are locked in.

Eagls are nice, make very good forehand discs if you get flatter Eagles, my dad can throw Eagles as his main disc off the tee for forehand if he does not throw a beat in 149 gram DX Archangel for the S shot or his max bomber forehands.

Dad threw his first year disc golf with mostly Forehand except for his putting. He threw all Wham-O and Ultimate discs with Forehand only before using disc golf discs, so he has one of the best forehand shots I have seen besides pro players and a player from the same state as mine and dad's South Dakota.

Could try a Star/Champ and a DX Eagle.
Like having a cycle going off the shelf
The DX Eagles I have bought in the last few years fly more like Eagle-Ls
If you can find a PFN DX Eagle, those are really sweet.

Dad threw his first year disc golf with mostly Forehand except for his putting. He threw all Wham-O and Ultimate discs with Forehand only before using disc golf discs, so he has one of the best forehand shots I have seen besides pro players and a player from the same state as mine and dad's South Dakota.

So cycle Wham-O's? Thanks. :wall:

Could try a Star/Champ and a DX Eagle.
Like having a cycle going off the shelf
The DX Eagles I have bought in the last few years fly more like Eagle-Ls
If you can find a PFN DX Eagle, those are really sweet.

I am kind of leaning towards the Eagle since it's slower. I wish the Cyclone was still made in multiple plastics, but I guess that mold's glory days are well behind it.

So cycle Wham-O's? Thanks. :wall:

No I am just saying he threw/throws the toy Wam-O and like discs and also Ultimate discs with forehand only so he threw his disc golf disc forehand only at first too. I say get a neutral flight low profile putter to use or a beadless deeper putter to use forehand and that will help you learn forehand for throwing with correct technique while using the grip for Forehand you like best.

I am kind of leaning towards the Eagle since it's slower. I wish the Cyclone was still made in multiple plastics, but I guess that mold's glory days are well behind it.

Cyclone is still made in Pro D right? that is fine to cycle, Comet would be another good choice I would think. A very beginner friendly disc.

After reading through some old DGR threads on minimalism, I'm going to REALLY cut it back for awhile and see how few discs/molds I can get away with.

171 DX Eagle - BH/FH drives
175 Soft Wizard - seasoned putter

Should be fun.

I've played 3 disc rounds with a DX Eagle, DX Gazelle and a Wizard.
I'm always amazed at how well I can shoot with less.

My DX Eagle (and DX Teebirds) are missing the fade the premium plastic versions have. Straightish discs are great but usually I want to have at least one disc with good fade. Thus I'd rather go with a Star Eagle than a DX Eagle as the driver if I'd pick two discs. Or go ESP Zone + DX Eagle.

First big tourney of the year...so main bag is back

167 Star Valkyrie - new backup
167 Star Valkyrie - main distance driver

168 Champion Eagle - seasoned, BH/FH fairway
171 DX Eagle - a little seasoned, going to be a rainey day one, might need a DX disc or two

174g Z Wasp - OS mid
174g Z Buzzz - stable/US mid

175g KC Aviar - putt/approach

Just haven't been feeling the Wizard recently, so...

Backed a couple of oddballs in case I need them (Dx Rhyno, extra DX Eagle, MOLF) but above are my main frisbees.

167 Star Valkyrie - new backup
167 Star Valkyrie - main distance driver

168 Champion Eagle - seasoned, BH/FH fairway
171 DX Eagle - a little seasoned, going to be a rainey day one, might need a DX disc or two

174g Z Wasp - OS mid
174g Z Buzzz - stable/US mid

175g KC Aviar - putt/approach

What usage percentage of all drives and upshots, respectively, does each of the discs see?

Latest posts