• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Streets 2018

167 Star Valkyrie - new backup
167 Star Valkyrie - main distance driver

168 Champion Eagle - seasoned, BH/FH fairway
171 DX Eagle - a little seasoned, going to be a rainey day one, might need a DX disc or two

174g Z Wasp - OS mid
174g Z Buzzz - stable/US mid

175g KC Aviar - putt/approach

This lineup was great for the first day (0, -5) and then added a Ti Zone and Star TL for the second course (+1,+1 on a tough course, 903 rounds).

Looks good. Well as good as it can look without a Wizard. :p This is the first time I remember seeing an Eagle in your bag? How did it work? Is there overlap with the Vallks? Did you throw the DX?

I used to bag Eagles and DX would hold a nice turn and fade for me, but this was at least 5 years ago. In my bag there is some overlap between the Sidewinder and TeeBird, I find myself using the Sidewinder for distance and line shaping shots. The TeeBird gets pulled out when I need a bit more stability.

Anyways sounds like some nice rounds!

Looks good. Well as good as it can look without a Wizard. :p This is the first time I remember seeing an Eagle in your bag? How did it work? Is there overlap with the Vallks? Did you throw the DX?

I used to bag Eagles and DX would hold a nice turn and fade for me, but this was at least 5 years ago. In my bag there is some overlap between the Sidewinder and TeeBird, I find myself using the Sidewinder for distance and line shaping shots. The TeeBird gets pulled out when I need a bit more stability.

Anyways sounds like some nice rounds!

Yeah, I'm going to run a Yeti Aviar this weekend, which I actually like better than the KC. Much more comfortable thrower (especially FHs, it feels like a Thumbtracless Rhyno on flicks).

Eagle is newish, it was a trade from TourneyPlayer and really comes out for sidearm shots because it has some turn but fades hard and I really leaned on it for those woodsy sidearm shots at the courses i played.

For the most part my main driver is the Valkyrie with a rotating door of a River, Eagle, TL and Teebird3 for utility fairway shots. I still need to find a good Firebird for the bag.

I was pleased with the rounds, I played pretty clean and didn't do anything crazy. :thmbup:

174g Z Wasp - OS mid

175g Yeti Aviar - putt/approach

Stripped down lineup for one day tourney this weekend. Ti Zone might make the bag, but not convinced I need it just yet. Still need to get a Firebird....

166 Star Firebird - finally!
171 Star TL - fresh backup
172 Star TL - main fairway driver

174g Z Wasp - OS mid

175 Soft Wizard - putt/approach

Last edited:
yeah bruh i could mess that around

whos-awesome.jpg

Not Sure I Really Need "Fairways" Bag

166 Star Firebird - OS driver

174 Z Wasp - stable/OS mid
174 Z Buzzz - stable/US mid

175 Soft Wizard - seasoned putt and approach

I really want to try out a straighter putter a la Dx Aviar, D Magnet etc. for all putting duties. I like the plastic options on the Aviar the most, since the Magnet really is only D/Jawbreaker

I really want to try out a straighter putter a la Dx Aviar, D Magnet etc. for all putting duties. I like the plastic options on the Aviar the most, since the Magnet really is only D/Jawbreaker

Give a Warlock a try.

18 @ Tyger River (shot -2)

166 Star Firebird
167 Star Valkyries x2
174 Z Wasp
174 Z Buzzz
175 Dx Rhyno

No Tourneys in May...

Distance Drivers:
167 Star Valkyrie - fresh Valk
167 Star Valkyrie - stable/US driver

Midranges:
175 Z Buzzz - fresh, stable/OS mid

Putters:
175 Dx Aviar - fresh, stable to slightly OS
175 Dx Aviar - seasoned, stable to US

Giving the Aviar a try for a few rounds. Seasoned/fresh combo. Also, benching the Wasp for a little to start seasoning in a new Z Buzzz.

Rainey Day Off....

Distance
167 Star Valkyrie - stable/slightly OS distance
167 Star Valkyrie - stable/US distance

Fairway
169 Star Teebird - stable/OS fairway

Midrange
174 Z Wasp - stable/OS mid
174 Z Buzzz - stable/slightly OS mid

Putters
175 Soft Wizard - stable/OS putter
175 Soft Wizard - stable/US putter

Wizard/Wasp is back...Teebird in too

Back to your classic bag. Looks good! What do you think about the overlap between the Valk and TeeBird overlap?

Back to your classic bag. Looks good! What do you think about the overlap between the Valk and TeeBird overlap?

:thmbup:

For my game, not much exists. If I'm throwing a driver shot 90% of the time it's a Valkyrie. The other 10% is for a few specialty situations like uphill 260-280 range where I can throw a Teebird regular as opposed to strong-arming a Buzzz/Wasp or need to throw a FH and the Valk might be too straight and the Firebird will hit the ground too short. At least that's how I justify having a Teebird

:thmbup:

For my game, not much exists. If I'm throwing a driver shot 90% of the time it's a Valkyrie. The other 10% is for a few specialty situations like uphill 260-280 range where I can throw a Teebird regular as opposed to strong-arming a Buzzz/Wasp or need to throw a FH and the Valk might be too straight and the Firebird will hit the ground too short. At least that's how I justify having a Teebird

I agree, For me, while there are some shorter shots that the TeeBird is better at than the Valk, it is a limited role.