• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Streets 2018

:hfive:

Any luck on Blue's (God rest its soul) replacement?

Ol' Blue will never be replaceable. :(

But I've got a new buddy on the way, that maybe I'll have new adventures with. :)

/thread drift

What kind of distance separation are you getting from putters to mids? Mids to drivers?

I finally ditched throwing mid-range discs altogether because they weren't more accurate than me throwing a powered-down fairway driver or a putter.

Shaved strokes off my game, simplifies decision making, and increased my putter distance.

Something to think about if you're not seeing accuracy and/or distance separation between the mids and other discs.

Ol' Blue will never be replaceable. :(

But I've got a new buddy on the way, that maybe I'll have new adventures with. :)

/thread drift

:thmbup:

What kind of distance separation are you getting from putters to mids? Mids to drivers?

I finally ditched throwing mid-range discs altogether because they weren't more accurate than me throwing a powered-down fairway driver or a putter.

Shaved strokes off my game, simplifies decision making, and increased my putter distance.

Something to think about if you're not seeing accuracy and/or distance separation between the mids and other discs.

This is one of the biggest reasons I started throwing the Buzzz over Roc/Comet was that distance seperation from Wizards and low ceiling shots. Then I started FHing it and that opened up a lot of options as well.

Usually I'm throwing Buzzz more on more wooded, tighter holes and then open holes are more driver/putter holes.

So whats your bag these days Aviars/Leos/Teebirds?

Max weight dx aviars and 150g champ teebirds. :thmbup: :D

Two of each, one of each mold beat and the other less beat. :eek: :D

I hadn't used midrange much the last couple years. I just naturally throw drivers and putters more. But I've been trying to work the midrange back in lately. They fly differently than other kinds of discs, so its nice to have them around. For me its not necessarily about getting separation from my putters. Instead, I use them as an extension of my putters or when I want to throw the same shot without giving it 100%.

Max weight dx aviars and 150g champ teebirds. :thmbup: :D

Two of each, one of each mold beat and the other less beat. :eek: :D

Love it :D

I hadn't used midrange much the last couple years. I just naturally throw drivers and putters more. But I've been trying to work the midrange back in lately. They fly differently than other kinds of discs, so its nice to have them around. For me its not necessarily about getting separation from my putters. Instead, I use them as an extension of my putters or when I want to throw the same shot without giving it 100%.

I agree with this^

I actually paid attention to my mid usage in a round and found that I tended to use them on up hill throws where (on flat ground) they would be putter throws, but the elevation change makes it a little tougher to get a putter all the way up.

I also found that Rocs go a little further than Buzzzes now...for me.

Back Problems and Fun DC Bag

JB Banger GT x2

Z Comet x2

Big Z Sting
Big Z Undertaker

Big Z Predator

Mild lower back pain...this bag makes me slow down and be smooth.

How do the Bangers fly compared to your Wizards?

I'm going to have to try me a Sting.

Bangers are pretty similar to Wizards, maybe a hair faster...they feel lower profile. I also can FH them pretty well.

Dude, the Sting is awesome. Have you ever wanted a Dx Leopard flight in a premium disc? That's the Sting.

USDGC Doubles Qualifier

JB Focus

Z Comet
Big Z Comet

Big Z Sting
Big Z Undertaker
Big Z Predator

Keeping it simple...the Focus is a better putting putter than the Banger...might throw a Zone in, not sure yet. I really like Big Z.

Last edited:
Go ahead and pull the trigger on a swirly ESP Zone. You certainly have room for it in that minimalist bag of yours.

Event was fun and my partner and I played well—under par for both rounds. Threw great Comet shots, Sting put in work (even threw two successful rollers that got a few "ews and ahs" from the card mates.

Bag looked like this:

JB Focus

Ti Zone

X Comet
Big Z Comet

Big Z Sting
Big Z Undertaker
Big Z Predator

JB Focus x2

Big Z Comet

Big Z Sting
Big Z Undertaker
Big Z Predator

Trimmed a little fat with the Zone and X Comet, added a second Focus, lost my first Sting and it's fresh twin is now in the bag. Tourney at the end of the month.

Back to Basics

Soft Wizards x 3

Z Buzzz
Z Wasp

Champ EX

Decided to throw my trusties back in the bag. Love being able to FH/BH everything in the bag (aside from the Wizards). Going to add a Star Eagle X in, because the champ is pretty seasoned, straight and JL Eagles are just godawful.

Soft Wizards x 3

Z Buzzz
Z Wasp

Champ EX

Decided to throw my trusties back in the bag. Love being able to FH/BH everything in the bag (aside from the Wizards). Going to add a Star Eagle X in, because the champ is pretty seasoned, straight and JL Eagles are just godawful.

Grab a voodoo to go with those wizards. Viola, sidearm activated.

Latest posts