• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Streets 2018

I agree, For me, while there are some shorter shots that the TeeBird is better at than the Valk, it is a limited role.

Yeah, and I've tried to not have it in the bag, but I've found that it's a limited, yet vital role...

I hate that I'm approaching 10 discs in the bag...

Intentionality...

ITB:

3 Buzzzes (Fresh Z, seasoned Z, seasoned X)
2 Wizards (Fresh Soft, seasoned Soft)

I really want to get more intentional about my gear and over the last year, I've focused on Wizards, Buzzzes and a revolving door of drivers (Valks, SWs, Firebirds, Leos, TBs, Eagles). I'm going to try a Pro Thunderbird and basically build my drivers from that disc using some combo of Thunders and FBs and really hone in my driver section like I have my putters and mids.

Interested to see what you come up with!

Did this a lot in the last two years, lot's of 4 disc rounds with a Wizard, KC Roc, DX Gazelle and Star Eagle-X. These are still the main molds in my bag now, although I do carry 2-3 of each now.

Good luck, it can be fun and enlightening. . . as you already know! :thmbup:

July

No tourneys...still working on the drivers but decided to strip down the extras and roll with the essentials:

Soft Wizard -seasoned
Z Buzzz - seasoned
Star Leo3 - fresh, but has some turn out of the box
*TBD*

DGCR - Should I fill the TBD slot with A) Star Teebird3, B) Star Thunderbird or C) Apex Alpha?

Personally, I'm leaning towards the Teebird3 because Leos and Teebirds are besties.

Big fan of your setup...
If you throw both FH and BH i would say B. If not A. I have yet to throw a, C.

Out of those options, Teebird. I personally prefer the OS control driver/neutralish fairway combo, but how much difference is there really between a Teebird and a Thunderbird?

I don't care for Leopards, but I think it's just me.

I vote for B, but that is my personal preference. The other choices are good too.

how much difference is there really between a Teebird and a Thunderbird?

Wind and FH are my reasons for bagging Thunderbirds, but when it is calm, they can be pretty close.

I think I'm going Thunderbird...

Soft Wizard x 3

Z Buzzz

Star Leopard3
Star Thunderbird
Star Firebird

Glide...the only PD I've ever gelled with was P-Line and they discontinued that. Also, Thunderbirds are easy to pick up locally.

i forgot that the ppd are discontinued that is such a messed up move by DM

Fair enough.

Same reason I dropped Wizards as my upshot/driving putter. No matter how much I've tried, I just can't forehand them.

No tourneys...still working on the drivers but decided to strip down the extras and roll with the essentials:

Soft Wizard -seasoned
Z Buzzz - seasoned
Star Leo3 - fresh, but has some turn out of the box
*TBD*

DGCR - Should I fill the TBD slot with A) Star Teebird3, B) Star Thunderbird or C) Apex Alpha?

Personally, I'm leaning towards the Teebird3 because Leos and Teebirds are besties.

OLF. But if that isn't an option cycle of Thundys.

I know this is just a damn roller coaster of emotions up in here but:

Soft Wizard

Z Buzzz

Star Leopard3
Star Teebird3

I just like the smaller rim for those stable/OS fairway shots so Teebird3 is in...I like this as my core, so I will build from this.

Latest posts