• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Streets 2018

before they ban me

i could rock your bag. nice set up

(add a wasp for aces)

Put the Wasp in right before going out for a round. No aces (not for lack of trying) but it had 2 birdies for me. I'm going to go with the Wasp over adding a new fresh Buzzz.

Put the Wasp in right before going out for a round. No aces (not for lack of trying) but it had 2 birdies for me. I'm going to go with the Wasp over adding a new fresh Buzzz.

most likely why you havent hit any aces recently, you need a flat light wasp

but buzzes are wonderful too. i have one in the bag too

i love your minimalist set up

Drivers:
170 Star Firebird - OS
167 Star Valkyrie - SS
167 Pro Valkyrie - US

Midrange:
Z Wasp - OS midrange, fresh
Z Buzzz - S to US midrange, seasoned

Putter:
175 Dx Aviar - putt and approach

*starting to get more and more daylight so afterwork rounds are going to be a thing, getting back into a regular playing rhythm. Doing my annual "I want to try a glidier putter" and then Wizards will go back in when I realize that's stupid.

Doing my annual "I want to try a glidier putter" and then Wizards will go back in when I realize that's stupid.

lolz i had to play a round with a challenger after playing like 3 years straight with an ion. i think i missed every putt over 10 feet. they are magicians trick discs. they just float and hoover

especially the wiz to an aviar. the ion is in the middle of both of those. but your difference is going to be huge haha lets us know how it goes!

lolz i had to play a round with a challenger after playing like 3 years straight with an ion. i think i missed every putt over 10 feet. they are magicians trick discs. they just float and hoover

especially the wiz to an aviar. the ion is in the middle of both of those. but your difference is going to be huge haha lets us know how it goes!

It went about as well as always :D. Wizard back in!

Drivers:
Star Valkyrie - OS Valk
Star Valkyrie - straight Valk
Pro Valkyrie - US Valk

Midrange:

Putter:
SS Wizard - putt and approach

*all I really need. Put a poptop Star Valk in for wind and hyzers. Wizard is back, and I'm going to stop being picky about Wizards and just use whatever Supersofts I can pick up local.

Whenever my bag gets too complicated I keep coming back to bags like this one. So simple but gets the job done. I think I could roll with this setup; maybe add a Firebird for personal preference, but otherwise it is just a good, clean bag.

When you list the Wizard, is it just the one or do you carry multiples for putting and throwing?

Whenever my bag gets too complicated I keep coming back to bags like this one. So simple but gets the job done. I think I could roll with this setup; maybe add a Firebird for personal preference, but otherwise it is just a good, clean bag.

When you list the Wizard, is it just the one or do you carry multiples for putting and throwing?

Firebird might come back at some point...just really enjoying minimizing to exactly what I need. I had a Glow USDGC Firebird for a while that I just clicked with and since I lost it, I can't keep another Firebird in the bag.

Wizard is just one for now, will add another shortly.

you need a flat light wasp

That's a perfect description of the one I found!

Drivers:
Star Valkyrie - OS Valk
Star Valkyrie - straight Valk
Pro Valkyrie - US Valk

Midrange:

Putter:
SS Wizard - putt and approach

*all I really need. Put a poptop Star Valk in for wind and hyzers. Wizard is back, and I'm going to stop being picky about Wizards and just use whatever Supersofts I can pick up local.

I always like your bag better with a Firebird in it, but it looks good. Supersofts are where its at huh?

I always like your bag better with a Firebird in it, but it looks good. Supersofts are where its at huh?

I have FLX Pred I might stick in for funs. I don't currently own a Firebird I believe. The Supersofts are the biggest they have in stock so easier to get.

Tourney went okay, ended at 3rd place in Rec (lolz). I shot a not so hot first round but improved by like 5-6 strokes. I need to start throwing better first rounds.

Fun bag this weekend (couple of PIAS buys I want to try):

FLX Predator
ZSP Mantis
Pro Valkyrie

Z Wasp
Z Buzzz

JB Focus

i remember trying the focus out it will find a great spot on your shelf next to all your back up wiz's

No Tourneys in March Update

167 Star Valkyrie - fresh(ish)
167 Pro Valkyrie -seasoned(ish)

174 Z Wasp - fresh(ish)
174 Z Buzzz - seasoned

174-175 Soft Wizards (4) - 1 fresh(ish) thrower, 1 seasoned thrower, 2 putters

I might need to bag a Firebird again, but not going to go for a heavier one. I'm thinking mid 160's. I want to actually be able to use the thing.

star firebirds are great fliers compared to champ if you dont have the cannon caliber arm they actually fly

I might need to bag a Firebird again, but not going to go for a heavier one. I'm thinking mid 160's. I want to actually be able to use the thing.

I wouldn't count on that!
I bought a FAF 162gr Star last year, thing is an unthrowable meathook! I only use it for skip shots and forehand rollers, I only bag it for a couple of courses when it's dry out.

I also got a 158gr champ, don't bag it, but it's a fun disc and actually pretty usable.

I did buy a 168gr G* Firebird and that did the trick, took the place of my Star Banshee. Doesn't skip well though.

Last edited:

Have you tried the RDG Raptor or the Daredevil Sabertooth/ Mammoth? I use that as my Firebird type disc as I find it more usable then a Firebird.

I wouldn't count on that!
I bought a FAF 162gr Star last year, thing is an unthrowable meathook! I only use it for skip shots and forehand rollers, I only bag it for a couple of courses when it's dry out.

I also got a 158gr champ, don't bag it, but it's a fun disc and actually pretty usable.

I did buy a 168gr G* Firebird and that did the trick, took the place of my Star Banshee. Doesn't skip well though.

Oh yeah, staying away from the flatties. hoping to pick up a regular looking lightweight champ/gstar locally.

Have you tried the RDG Raptor or the Daredevil Sabertooth/ Mammoth? I use that as my Firebird type disc as I find it more usable then a Firebird.

hmmmmmm also under consideration.

You spelled Crave wrong. Nothing else? Reminds me of New Flanders skiing

Latest posts