• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Streets 2018

What's your FH Wiz issue?

EDIT: late to the party

Have you ever thrown a Berg? They won't go as far but mmmmmmmmmm (Pigs are dope too:thmbup:)

What's your FH Wiz issue?

EDIT: late to the party

Have you ever thrown a Berg? They won't go as far but mmmmmmmmmm (Pigs are dope too:thmbup:)

I've held a Berg before...it seems interesting. How is it on FH compared to something like the Pig/Rhyno?

I've held a Berg before...it seems interesting. How is it on FH compared to something like the Pig/Rhyno?

Very similar. Arguably a bit more forgiving but you must commit. One of the, "meh I don't want to go too far so I'm gonna lean back and throw it like a little bitch" shots will infuriate you. Punch it where you want it. Holds release angle but doesn't commit to it too much - a hyzer will hyzer, not knife into the ground like a Z Flick would. Annys will anhyzer but no they're not a Tursas/Fuse/beat Comet. Just kinda chills in the air if that makes sense.

I just threw 4 around for about an hour with my daughter out back (K1, K2 x2, K3) and only had three bad shots - all of which were entirely my fault. They were 180ish and in, and all but those three were easy putts.

Note: never clicked with the Pig much but was a Rhyno throw for a number of years.

Pigs are longer and have far more LSS, I use it for flex approaches and drives from 200-250'. Can't get my berg much past 200'. Comfort wise, for FH, the Pig is the most comfortable disc I have held, but the berg took about a half round to get use to.

Playing a pretty tough woods course Saturday in potentially bad weather...

Soft Wizards x4 (2 putters, 2 throwers)
R-Pro Pig

Dx Roc - just in case it gets really wet out there
Z Buzzz
Z Wasp

Dx EX
Star EX

JB Focus x2

Z Comet x2

Big Z Sting
Big Z Undertaker
Big Z Predator

JB Focus x2

Z Comet x2

Big Z Sting
Big Z Undertaker
Big Z Predator

*Same stuff...I love everything in this bag except the Focus...I mean, they do what they are supposed to do for a stable, beaded putter...but they are just meh. I also feel like I need a fancy Comet in there...like an MJ Z or ESP Glo

JB Ringer GT

Big Z Comet

Big Z Sting
Big Z Undertaker
Big Z Predator

*bagged a new course this weekend, Jackson Park in Hendersonville, NC. I feel like I played it pretty well with the above. Ringer GT is fun, I'd like to figure out how to putt with it since it's such a great approach, driving putter.

I used to putt with Ringers and Breakers (no GT) and found a nose up spin putt worked best for me. Gotta putt like a pro though - banging chains seemed to work better. Any time I was more gentle I feel like consistency went out the window...which is tough because of the possibility of three putting.

Now that I think about it I had a hint of that weird Nate Doss "line up different than my release angle" going on, probably to impart a little intentional OAT and straightening them out. I strongly dislike putts that fade much (not putters, putts).

D Magnets x2 - putting

Z Comet x2 - seasoned one/fresh one

Big Z Sting x2 - go to and backup
Big Z Undertaker x2 - go to and backup
Big Z Predator

Tourney this weekend at home course. Still debating Ti Zone or JB Ringer GT for approach/driving putters

That leaves a bigger gap in distances if the wind is out since the Zone will fade faster than the Ringer.

Nice job regardless! shot above your rating every round and got better every round. cant find too much to complain about there.

Nice job regardless! shot above your rating every round and got better every round. cant find too much to complain about there.

I was hoping for -5 the last round so it would be 2, 3, 4, 5 but I'll take the 6 lol. My biggest win was only taking 3 bogeys for the weekend

Latest posts