• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

super sekret teqniques

when it clicked together (in a random moment) i started shouting and pumping my fist heh.

actually, i'm going to need some of the people i have talked this through on the phone with to give me a call as i finally have bridged the gap and it was in a different way than i was trying before.

if i stepped you through the drills via phone, i have new final drill to put the backhand portion of it together. PM me or just give me a call. your feedback will help determine how quickly this progresses into its final form.

was working with someone today and when he felt the hit he was going 425' and 350' when he missed it.

Yeah.

Where is this technique at? Im ready to break down my throw and re-learn this new tek-niq. Im itching to start hitting 600'. Training all summer long and the farthest i have gotten so far is 585'.

everyone is "waiting" for the secret. there are "secrets" all over this board if you take the time to read and practice

I hate not having a job. I miss out on these interesting things. It seems like Blake starts actually playing and stuff once I lost my net. Heh! Oh well. Got all this time in the world and nothing to do with it. -.-; Hopefully the break will do my form some good; I won't really know cause I can't get on here. Lol. I'll be checking back some day to hopfully get some of this. For not throwing in a month, and not playing a round in like 3. This is going to be intersting.

zj1002 said:
everyone is "waiting" for the secret. there are "secrets" all over this board if you take the time to read and practice

But not "THE" secret that Blake is talking about. It's like a concentrated version of the spread out knowledge that's here.

Well, im thinking that part of what i had stumbled upon in my own throw, which is just starting to produce amazing results in speed, accuracy, power, and distance is just the tip of the iceberg of what Blake is tweaking on.

why am i stoked? I just aced my first 400+ foot hole yesterday. with a Roc.

Now if i can just get my timing to be consistent i might stop occasionally throwing uncontrollably like Wild Thing from the movie Major League.

Blake_T said:
realistically i'm shooting for teaching someone who can throw 300+ to throw 450' in 30-45 minutes :p

I doubt both of you will gain much from what Blake has to offer based on the above comment. You both claim(not denying you) to throw over 500ft with ease. my point was that most people will look for that easy out. I really do hope blakes new idea helps me and everyone, but I already know what I need to address to add that next levels of "power" and reach 500+. I just haven't practiced enough, I revert to old form. It is really just about understanding concepts, which someone with 500ft+ clearly already understands.

a majority of the people that read this "secret" probably won't ever be able to utilize it because they will view it as the end-all "secret" and not a tool/knowledge to expand on.
Blake_T said:
it's an extremely simple rethinking of the throw. as much as i can try to idiot-proof it i'm sure there will be those who are unable/unwilling to let go of their old throwing mechanics and they will struggle with it.

zj1002 said:
a majority of the people that read this "secret" probably won't ever be able to utilize it because they will view it as the end-all "secret" and not a tool/knowledge to expand on.

I think you underestimate the people who come to this site.

Sure, a lot of people come to pick up assistance on just one part of their game, but the people who dig around on this forum will find that this sup0r sekret tekniq will become the basis for all that they do.

Blake can clarify this, but the technique is a true culmination of a lot of the theories and exercises from this site.

I can also attest to the fact that there are several people who come in to the local disc golf store where i help out at and I direct them to this site. I have also directed several local club members to this site as well.

They have no clue who i am on here, but I see them on here and i can see them implementing ideas/theories/exercises from this site in to their game.

Besides, i dont know very many disc golfers who just "accept" their skill level or level of play when all the sudden they can throw further, faster, better, with accuracy, etc etc etc. No, in fact they usually go hog wild and start playing more, trying to figure more things out, trying new things....

And as far as this new technique helping my distance or game, im sure it will. I dont know about you, but im not an 1100 rated Pro, and I know that my technique is far from perfect.

Im going on the assumption that if imperfection is netting me flex shots out to 585 feet, then throwing properly cant help but push me beyond that current barrier. The only way its not going to do it, is if I am using the same technique that Blake has just developed, thus making the gains null.

please read what you type before you post it. you counter act what I said, with the exactly what I was talking about
USAnarchy said:
Sure, a lot of people come to pick up assistance on just one part of their game, but the people who dig around on this forum will find that this sup0r sekret tekniq will become the basis for all that they do.

Blake can clarify this, but the technique is a true culmination of a lot of the theories and exercises from this site.

the people that care about developing their game to that level are only 1-5% of the disc golfers. the rest of the disc golf population could care less. everyone I know that makes up the 95%(casuals) has been seen this website, either through their own desires or from someone telling them about it. They read the forums(if they make it past the first page), and figure out how to 350ft and that is all they want to know.

I hope you reach 1100 rated and feel free to win some distance competitions because 585ft represents .1% of the disc golf population if not less. good luck reaching 600ft, maybe try throwing downhill, that is always great for internet distance

Maybe idk. But my point is anyone at 450(myself) already knows what it takes to go bigger. If only Blake could "incept" our dreams with these ideas

Blake_T said:
i would give it a week or so to have some serious feedback and a possibly a script for some brief video work.

I haven't had a chance to play around with this in a practice setting yet, but it makes perfect sense. I played a round of golf at Fountain Hills AZ (home of the Memorial), but that wasn't the place to experiment (put 2 drivers into the lake as it is). But the long holes definitely made me desire more snap (was maxing out around 400' on good hits).

C'mon, already! I REALLY want to hear this! If you want another test mule, Blake, I'm your man (or ass...;))

zj1002 said:
please read what you type before you post it. you counter act what I said, with the exactly what I was talking about
USAnarchy said:

the people that care about developing their game to that level are only 1-5% of the disc golfers. the rest of the disc golf population could care less. everyone I know that makes up the 95%(casuals) has been seen this website, either through their own desires or from someone telling them about it. They read the forums(if they make it past the first page), and figure out how to 350ft and that is all they want to know.

I hope you reach 1100 rated and feel free to win some distance competitions because 585ft represents .1% of the disc golf population if not less. good luck reaching 600ft, maybe try throwing downhill, that is always great for internet distance

Im not sure what you are freaking out about, but you still come off with this Aire that people are not going to take to this, so why even post this.

I guess im just not following your logic.

Look, Blake has been working on this whole ::Teqnique:: for a while now. I truly believe his goal being to make explaining disc golf on a level that borderlines on being idiot proof. It sounds like he has done this, or come damn near close.

Now listen very carefully to what I am about to say: If Blake has truly done this, and if the claims of results that he and Dan have both seen in others is true, its going to revolutionize the way that disc golf is taught, and the skill level in this game.

That would mean that a lot of new comers to this game would learn faster, and see gains faster, thus causing more people to become addicted to the sport. That in turn will increase your 1% to a much higher number.

Why would that happen? Because these 1% that you are talking about are all reading this thread and will be teaching this collectively to anyone who will listen and wants to learn. Trust me when I say that I could round up about 30 who would attend a clinic right now if I said that I was going to put one on. Each one of those 30 people i know for a fact have introduced 1 or more other individuals to disc golf. Do you get where im going with this? Trickle down effect son. Think about it.

So.... on that note, in the politest, friendliest, from one understanding person to another try to simply explain something to you, please comprehend what someone is talking about before firing back. When i said that i thought you underestimated the people on this site, i wasnt being rude or impolite or even mean about it. I was simply stating that i dont think you know the crowd who frequents this site. So do this: Sit back and just watch it unfold. If a year from know, this thing has failed to launch then i will be more than happy to start a thread saying that you were right and told me so.

Now that has been cleared up, how about it Blake? Give us some homework! Let the Healing begin!

It sounds like everyone can benefit from the new technique.

1. More consistency.
2. More accuracy.
3. Efficiency.

Of course the guy throwing 300' will have more room to get better results in the D department. He probably has rotten efficiency.

I can't see a reason why someone throwing 500 feet couldn't benefit as well. Look at the "beast noob" that was throwing 500' with form that most mortals would be lucky to get 300' with. He cleaned up his form and is an absolute monster now.

The point is don't wait on someone to tell u what to do. Figure it out and don't be lazy. I am not addressing anyone in particular, just the idea that everyone expects handouts. I don't doubt the technique works, but anyone sport takes work to reach the next level

Latest posts