• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Superb Value Bag

I picked one up today. I couldn't find them by the bags by the school supplies and almost left when I noticed them by the magazines. I think this Walgreen QuickTote Competition Bag may work. I needs something for the bottom(time to root around in the garage). I thought the strap kinda sucked, so I took the one off my Innova bag and if feels good. It's gonna get at least an 18, maybe 36 hole try out shortly.
bag.jpg

Just picked up my own Walgreens bag. Gonna go by Lowes later tonight maybe see if i can build a PVC frame for it. Thanks for the tip!

I have an extra red.....I offered it to Solomon and gave him my paypal and still haven't received anything. I just want $6 plus shipping

Well, I took mine out for 18 holes today, and I was very happy. The PVC frame did add a little extra weight, but it wasn't too bad. The only other thing I'm going to do is get a better shoulder strap w/ a pad (the strap that comes w/ the bag sucks, so I'm using the strap from my Innova starter bag for now). Other then that, great bag for 5 bucks.

I got the superb value bag!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I got the one the dude that started this thread got ripped off from ebay for. Mine says TournementX on it. Its a sweet bag. Found it in Amarillo at a walgreens on clearance for $2.99. I picked up 2.

I finally made it by my local Walgreens, and managed to pick up two of these bags (all they had left). One red, one blue. I'm going to keep the blue one, but if someone wants the red one, let me know. It's yours for $6 plus shipping. First come, first served.

Looks like this is going to be a hit among the cost-conscious DG crowd. If it had a water bottle pocket, it would be perfect.

Any recommendations on what to put in the bottom for those of us without access to DiscChucker's fancypants corrugated plastic (just kidding, Chucker)?

Picked up the PVC to build a frame for mine tonight, and made it with a sliding frame piece to hold discs tight no matter how many discs I have in it.

AND -- Menards had the exact same bag...same brand, labels, everything, but they had it for $12! Think I might need to buy out Walgreens!

Any recommendations on what to put in the bottom for those of us without access to DiscChucker's fancypants corrugated plastic (just kidding, Chucker)?

I took a cheap plastic cutting board and cut it to fit with a jigsaw and it works great.

Mine has worked out good so far. For temporary support I took some thick cardboard, and taped 2 pieces together. I completely covered the cardboard with black tape. I did this for the bottom and for both sides, the sides with the "putter pockets". This has held up for several rounds, but I'm looking to do something better. My aunt has some leftover black cloth that I plan on sewing over something a little stronger. I put the divider from my standard bag in and use the strap as well. Nice deal.

My frame cost me less than $10 to build and about an hour to cut and figure it all out.
The middle frame piece slides, and tension is put on it using rubber bands.

I stole the idea of the separator from somebody else's post on here...I forget who - sorry bout that! I can keep at least 2 water bottles in there, and since it isn't glued in, when I get too many discs, I can take that out.

When I take a disc out, the others slide tight, and it just takes a little shove to get it back in.

Attachments

• framefull.jpg
    framefull.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 520
  • bagframe.jpg
    bagframe.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 56
  • bagfull.jpg
    bagfull.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 512
WOW! This thread blew up and I didn't even notice it. I have begun to notice a pattern with these bags. Certain colors have two Mini Pockets, a towel ring, better enforced bottom and REAL putter side pockets, while others have one mini pocket, no ring and fake putter pockets. Odd that certain ones are different. For a strap, I just took a strap from an old duffle bag with a shoulder pad, and for a waterbottle I bought a Subzero Stainless Steel Water bottle that clips to the ring, also from Walgreens for $2.99. There are still a ton of bags and water bottles at the Walgreens in my area. Let me know if anybody wants one. $11 plus shipping is the asking price for both, $6 plus shipping for jus the bag. The color breakdown is also below.

Two Minis, Towel Ring, Putter Pockets, Stronger Bottom-
Brown
Black
Gray
Purple
Yellow
Pink

One Mini Pocket, Towel Ring, Fake Putter Pockets, Weaker Bottom:
Blue
Green
Red

If anybody has a color I did not mention, update the list!

Mav - at my Walgreens the ONLY color that had the 2 minis, towel ring, putter pockets, and stronger bottom was a purple one.
I bought a blue and a black, and they both only have one mini, no towel ring, fake pockets, etc...

I wanted the better one, but no matter how secure I am in my manhood, I am not comfortable carrying a purple bag!

I found mine in the school supplies section...with all the backpacks and other bags. I couldn't find them in my local Walgreens but was headed through St. Louis and found a couple there.

Latest posts