• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SW22 Drills - Mod Please Sticky

If you guys can get SW to come and post a little more info, like an order to work on these and what issues each video would be likely to help with I can edit that into the first post and sticky it. As it is, I'm not sure that just a list of videos is going to be as helpful for a lot of people. Great idea though, with a little more detail I think it could be a really great resource to have.

What say you SW? Could be your first article for heavy disc ;) the ultimate posture/bracing drill crib sheet.

I give a lot of credit to Sidewinder and HyzerUniBomber. Technique discussion seemed to have died when Blake left DGR back in 2012. These two have taken the discussion to a whole new level... Sidewinder with his youtube videos and HyzerUniBomber with the simplified approach of his far reaching HeavyDisc blog. Other knowledgeable members seem to be chiming in more and more and there seems to be a renaissance of technique discussion. Europeans (specifically Finland) are instituting disc golf technique into their phy. ed curriculum's. If we don't get our a**es into gear and start a more organized effort at teaching disc golf technique, Europe will be kicking American a** within the next 5 years. So yeah, that would be awesome to have a sticky for all of sidewinder's videos.

*rhatton1 has also spurred a lot of discussion... I see that disc golf has grown quite a bit in the UK over the last year. I am guessing he had a significant part in that.

That was very nice to read, thanks. I'm glad to that there's interest in learning / sharing / discovering. I'm always excited to see a response or a new post over here, and I'm also glad that it hasn't turned into a scenario we've seen play out elsewhere where people start to fight and insult each other. We've really kept a very positive and patient community going.

It would be cool to see all this evolve into a complete teaching method for disc golf. Being a teacher I like organizing stuff like this into a total package.

Learning from scratch I'd say this is the order:
1. More Snap 2009 1 and 2 (I've probably watched these 100 times and read the thread)
2. Grip & Alignment, also see(Grip it to Rip it article)
3. Closed Shoulder Drill
4. Reciprocating Dingle Arm
5. Power of Posture
6. Door Frame 1 and 2
7. Crush the Can 1 and 2
8. Bottles & Cans
9. Hershyzer Wall Drill
10. Door Frame part 3

it takes a very special person to not only produce results but also to be able to reproduce those results in others.

you guys make the game more fun. That is what ultimately will grow the sport.

I can't teach. the only nugget that I have conveyed and have resonated is "nudging your buddy" - elbow out!

I love hyzer uni bombers ability to simplify. I can really relate.

I love sw22s ability to teach by doing (crush the can! see the bottle? You are the bottle. Mind blown.)

Mike , Richard . Zj, Niq. All awesome.

Thanks for the clarification SW. We may not agree on everything, but I do appreciate the time you put in to helping others.

Did some field work last weekend and decided to work on "crushing the can". I had the longest throw...with a Boss of all discs! I only use my Boss for utility shots. This thing went farther than my tern. Even my Teebird was a little pass the Tern. Can't wait to do some more work this weekend. Thanks for all your videos, SW!

Learning from scratch I'd say this is the order:
1. More Snap 2009 1 and 2 (I've probably watched these 100 times and read the thread)
2. Grip & Alignment, also see(Grip it to Rip it article)
3. Closed Shoulder Drill
4. Reciprocating Dingle Arm
5. Power of Posture
6. Door Frame 1 and 2
7. Crush the Can 1 and 2
8. Bottles & Cans
9. Hershyzer Wall Drill
10. Door Frame part 3

curious if this is still accurate SW?

Latest posts