• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Switching to FH

Thats the thing, in the two years I have not been able to really beak 275 besides on hills and crazy wind. I have done field work, and practice and nothing seems to push it out.

For me it took a complete deconstruction of my swing. It's still a work in progress (320-340 when I'm right), but I really had to scrap everything I was doing. Longer reachback, slowed WAYYY down, straighter pull, etc. I'd be super happy if I could consistently get an accurate 350', but I had to accept the fact that I was jacked up. When I restarted, I was throwing about 250' and spraying it all over. About 40-50 field work hours later I was at where I am currently. Now, I'm fortunate that I live a half block from a course with a huge field I can bomb in..and that plays a part, but basically it was a lot of hard work and actually committing to it (which isn't easy, when I knew I could just strong arm 300'). I've accepted that I'll probably never throw 400', but I think that's part of the process as well...knowing your limitations and being comfortable with them.

Thats the thing, in the two years I have not been able to really beak 275 besides on hills and crazy wind. I have done field work, and practice and nothing seems to push it out.

Have you posted a video for SW22 to look at? I think I'm finally at a point where I'm starting to "get it". The snow has me inside so I haven't been able to experiment with it, but once I feel I'm ready, I'll be doing this to at least smooth out things enough to break a couple hurdles.

I have not, I guess this weekend, I can have my girlfriend tape me. Maybe I will bring my basket out and do some feild tossing with some putters.

The hyzer is always the easiest throw, that's why you want FH and BH to have a hyzer in both directions. Just keep on working on both, with all your discs, till you master it :)

100% agree. I have added a FH to my game and it not only improved my game, it also simplified it. Now, I can just throw a hyzer, or straight with fade (FH or BH), for at least 90% of my shots.

Yeah you should make a video of yourself throwing. Not wanna be rude, but 2 years of field work should show at least some improvement. Chances are you are training bad habits more than what you should train.

Latest posts