• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Teaching Disc golf in a Bikini?

so.... a bikini is selling sex?

Don't take your kids to the swimming pool either then please; swimming is all about sexuality.

:thmbup: Amen. There is nothing inherently sexual about what Holly was wearing. And in the context there wasn't anything sexual. She can turn around and 'sexualize' it to make mostly desperate male forum goers interested.

Good for you Holly for spreading what you love!

It contains what you read into it.
There is nothing racy about the video in my mind.

Holly is Holly.
This is obviously what she wears every day.
Her choice.
And this is Holly spreading loving care for some kids through Disc Golf.
Nice video about kids learning Disc Golf.
Thanks.

Look, one guy didn't get the memo! Lolz and a half

Guy: you can't say anything less than positive (and try to sound horny if you can) on "these kinds of" topics. It's as worthwhile as proposing square putters. Just say great job, you're the best, then drop some geographic clues that you want a date.

Good work. Glad to see these kids learning about a new game. Our club is working on a youth clinic/league for this spring, might ask a few questions later on via PM if that's ok.
(I'll be wearing khakis and a polo, though, even though the course has a splash park on site.)

Last edited:
There are waaaaay too many haters and pessimists on these forums. Everyone has their own opinions, yet for some reason over the internet people feel much more inclined to give theirs. I have my own opinions on the video/Holly/bikinis, I actually was a little put off by her at first because she had so many sponsors throwing her stuff before she did anything in DG, but at this point I can't hate on her anymore. Holly lives, breathes, and dreams disc golf and has put in more practice time this past year than I could dream of doing. So for you guys to attack her for wearing a bikini, in an incredibly hot sunny and dry place, is incredibly shallow and silly.

Keep up the good work Holly. Over the years I've learned that if you don't have any haters, you're doing something wrong. Just keep doing what you're doing, and soon enough you'll be a top 10 female in the sport, with projects around the world.

Just be warned. If you ever go pro and you're giving a clinic to people and I'm there. I will make a request that you do the clinic in your bikini. I mean, it's only fair.

There are waaaaay too many haters and pessimists on these forums. Everyone has their own opinions, yet for some reason over the internet people feel much more inclined to give theirs.

I hope you you're including yourself in this statement.

At this point, only donations of discs would assist. I won't be here long enough to receive any more shipments at this time, so that isn't feasible. It can take 2-4 weeks for a shipment to arrive, not to mention horrible custom charges.

As far as the video's go...Promoting disc golf isn't all about going to schools and teaching, it's also about playing the sport in the public where passer by's can see you playing. They stop, stare and curiosity gets the best of them. Next thing you know, you're explaining the sport and they are making a few putts.
I've shared the sport with atleast 50 people who have seen me putting in public.

I'm also giving clinics to local schools, as well as clinics to the existing Ultimate Community, as well as a friendly tournament at an 18 hole course I designed in Stellenbosch, South Africa, called "The Bosch"

The videos are also a way for me to show the landscape and scenery of CapeTown to my family and friends without posting 5,000 pictures.

It should be something that everyone can enjoy, whether it's about picturesque views, teaching, children, throwing, putting, girls, traveling abroad, etc.

The title of this week's video is actually "Disc Golf in Africa - Week 11 - It's all about the Kids', but unfortunately that didn't spark any interest at all.

I'm doing my best to promote the sport abroad, help children learn about the sport, get the proper materials needed over here to help it continue to stay alive and share my trip overseas with everyone.

If you aren't pleased or impressed with any of it, that's your problem.

I can't make everyone happy, but i can certainly make a lot of people happy.

Happy Discing.

Holly, thanks for the thoughtful reply.

I know you are spreading the good word of disc golf, and I think that's great. I wasn't trying to hate; just wondering what else can be done. It's excellent that you've got support from established programs and that there's going to be a course there. I've been to the Stellenbosch area, when I did a service trip there several years ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't playing disc golf yet at that time!

Congrats on what looks to have been a successful trip, and good luck finishing up your visit. I wish more people could see South Africa up close and personal.

Look, one guy didn't get the memo! Lolz and a half

Guy: you can't say anything less than positive (and try to sound horny if you can) on "these kinds of" topics. It's as worthwhile as proposing square putters. Just say great job, you're the best, then drop some geographic clues that you want a date.

Lol. Sad but true. Men and internet forums.

Why is anyone even making a fuss about this? There was nothing remotely sexual in the video. Holly simply happened to be wearing a bikini top when the video was shot (and not even a particularly sexy one at that). Knowing the audience, she capitalized on our connotations of the word bikini.
As she articulately stated
The reality is a post labeled "Bikini Disc Golf" is going to get more views than "Disc Golf in Africa" as I have learned from past experience.

Marketing. Learn about it.
well said, Ms. Finley!
I give her a lot of credit. She's sharing her passion in a rather altruistic manner: for no reason other than the simple joy of turning others onto the game she loves, and from what I can see, she's not gaining any financial reward from it. She's simply using resources available to her to do so, and obviously puts a decent amount of planning and effort into doing so.
I think she's handling herself wonderfully, both on this forum, as well as in public.

The only sexist thoughts here are in people's heads - and you can't expect her to do something about that.

Perhaps this is my inner-contrarian coming out, but Sirius makes some good points that are worth thinking about. I want my 2-year-old daughter to love disc golf, and not have to see it as something sexual.

I just think it is sort of silly that women in sports, no matter what sport can't or often don't feel that they can make a name for themselves or gain popularity without reverting to promoting themselves via a sexual image. Athletic merit (or charitable effort) should be the greater factor in making a name for one self.

Hope atleast a few people who may have read this thread realize the position from which I base my opinions upon.

Nothing was sexual or trivial about Holly's videos but the need to promote them as such on here says a lot. Mostly it says a lot about the guys on this forum.

I'm gonna exit the stage. It was a fun discussion, debate, or whatever. Peace.

I just think it is sort of silly that women in sports, no matter what sport can't or often don't feel that they can make a name for themselves or gain popularity without reverting to promoting themselves via a sexual image. Athletic merit (or charitable effort) should be the greater factor in making a name for one self.

Hope atleast a few people who may have read this thread realize the position from which I base my opinions upon.

Nothing was sexual or trivial about Holly's videos but the need to promote them as such on here says a lot. Mostly it says a lot about the guys on this forum.

I'm gonna exit the stage. It was a fun discussion, debate, or whatever. Peace.

Glad to hear it, goodbye.

And in an ideal world they would be able to make a substantial living off of their athletic merit alone. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Hope at least a few people who may have read this thread realize the position from which I base my opinions upon.
Yes, its a position that suggests that we as human beings are going to take a time out from thousands of years of biological conditioning and praise women in athletics for what it is. And if someone has to suggest even in the slightest light-hearted way (i.e. this thread) to appeal to our baser urges to do that, then that has been compromised. Yeah, we get it. Feminists and their white knights have been trying that for about a half century now.

Yeah, that we're human beings, and aren't going to apologize for it.

Every woman rightly has a choice. Sure, Anna Kournikova got rich because of her looks, but Martina Navratilova likely made more money by winning tournaments. And Martina wasn't short of sponsorships herself.

I'm actually far more troubled by the idea that women athletes have to abandon their sexuality in order to compete than I would be if my 8 year old daughter watched this video.

Let's get back on topic. I'm curious to see the course, and is it going to be a permanent course? Also how many people signed up for tournament?

Latest posts