• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Teaching Disc golf in a Bikini?

I just think it is sort of silly that women in sports, no matter what sport can't or often don't feel that they can make a name for themselves or gain popularity without reverting to promoting themselves via a sexual image. Athletic merit (or charitable effort) should be the greater factor in making a name for one self.

Hope atleast a few people who may have read this thread realize the position from which I base my opinions upon.

Nothing was sexual or trivial about Holly's videos but the need to promote them as such on here says a lot. Mostly it says a lot about the guys on this forum.

I'm gonna exit the stage. It was a fun discussion, debate, or whatever. Peace.

Good bye and good riddance.

so.... a bikini is selling sex?

Don't take your kids to the swimming pool either then please; swimming is all about sexuality.

...and if you're concerned about "realistic female body image among young girls," better toss out those Disney movies, your TV, computer, and any print publications. Oh, no friends, better home school.

Personally, my self esteem is taking the biggest hit from being unable to avoid this thread.

Far be it from me to argue with a professional model about what attracts attention to something. To the OP, I say keep doing what your doing. The only way you're going to make the over-moralizers happy is to horribly disfigure yourself, at least lose a limb and light yourself on fire, then post a vid titled "One-legged DG Lessons from the Burn Ward: Don't Look at
Me, I'm Hideous!"

Hammer: LOL...male nudity: ALWAYS funny, more so with a banana hammock involved.

thank god for all you internet heroes saving holly from that respectful, complimentary guy who disagreed with her.

Last edited:
thank god for all you internet heroes saving holly from that respectful, complimentary guy who disagreed with her.

Oh, you're so right.

I'm gonna drop to my knees and thank Jebus for the REAL heroes out their protecting my fragile moral compass, not to mention that of the many young girls that frequent this sight, from a post that references a bathing suit designed for females.

Toro one of the first DG instructional vids I ever saw on YouTube was with a guy who had a prosthetic leg. He was teaching x step...

Oh, you're so right.

I'm gonna drop to my knees and thank Jebus for the REAL heroes out their protecting my fragile moral compass, not to mention that of the many young girls that frequent this sight, from a post that references a bathing suit designed for females.

I'm perplexed. You quote me and then don't address my post at all. Perhaps I should I explain what I meant with my post?

Toro one of the first DG instructional vids I ever saw on YouTube was with a guy who had a prosthetic leg. He was teaching x step...

I do hope it's clear that my post you're referencing was in no way a serious mention of any actual DGers with disabilities. If not, then I need to get back to work on the Universal Sarcasm Font I shelved.

So no offense intended on that front, to you or anyone else. I think everyone should DG, including bikini-clad African citizens, or whatever was in the video in question.

I'm perplexed. You quote me and then don't address my post at all. Perhaps I should I explain what I meant with my post?

It was pretty clear. You were facetiously referring to anyone who disagreed with the theory that the original post was some sort of symptom of general moral torpitude as "Internet heroes," trying to "protect" the OP, which from where I'm sitting missed the point and misdirected the "Internet hero" sentiment.

Still perplexed? "I applaud what you're doing, but my moral superiority makes me dislike what you're doing" is neither a compliment nor respectful.

Meh. This is pretty mild as far as entertaining threads have been lately, I appreciate the effort guys, but sometimes it seems like you're trying too hard, can't hit a home run every time.

Good job Holly! Promote the sport, get kids involved, look good doing it, you're doing 100 times more than any of these trolls, and most of the users of this forum.

Cheers!

I just think it is sort of silly that women in sports, no matter what sport can't or often don't feel that they can make a name for themselves or gain popularity without reverting to promoting themselves via a sexual image. Athletic merit (or charitable effort) should be the greater factor in making a name for one self.

Hope atleast a few people who may have read this thread realize the position from which I base my opinions upon.

Nothing was sexual or trivial about Holly's videos but the need to promote them as such on here says a lot. Mostly it says a lot about the guys on this forum.

I'm gonna exit the stage. It was a fun discussion, debate, or whatever. Peace.

Not nearly as silly as people who see the world through those eyes all the time and feel the need to instantly go on the internet to try make the rest of the world see it their way while phrasing it as backhanded compliments.
Not one to usually troll, but lighten up..

Thank GOD this is disc golf and you rarely end up with the moral majority on your card.. Not only is there nothing sexual in any of this, you can clearly see the tongue in cheek humor and savvy marketing. I'll show this thread to my daughter just so she can get a laugh out of it. She's 16 and I'll bet she gets it right away.

It was pretty clear. You were facetiously referring to anyone who disagreed with the theory that the original post was some sort of symptom of general moral torpitude as "Internet heroes," trying to "protect" the OP, which from where I'm sitting missed the point and misdirected the "Internet hero" sentiment.

Still perplexed? "I applaud what you're doing, but my moral superiority makes me dislike what you're doing" is neither a compliment nor respectful.

Okay, I guess I'll have to explain. :)

I was referring specifically to those who were attacking Siriushyzer, seemingly to defend Holly. Not, "anyone who disagreed." It seemed obvious to me that he really didn't pose a serious threat to Holly's well-being to warrant such attacks.

It's you who were reading "moral superiority" into his posts; I didn't get that at all, just a difference of opinion.

Okay, I guess I'll have to explain. :)

I was referring specifically to those who were attacking Siriushyzer, seemingly to defend Holly. Not, "anyone who disagreed." It seemed obvious to me that he really didn't pose a serious threat to Holly's well-being to warrant such attacks.

It's you who were reading "moral superiority" into his posts; I didn't get that at all, just a difference of opinion.

Agreed!...Opinions are allowed right?...or do they always bring out the attack dogs?

Latest posts