• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Teaching my Mom & her friends Disc Golf

FredVegasDGC

Double Eagle Member
My Mom has always been active. She is in her 70's and played ball golf for years and visits the pool to do water aerobics. Her latest sport that she really loves is Pickle Ball.

Pickle Ball is like the old 4 square game you played as a kid except you use a plastic whiffle ball, paddles and a net and there are teams of 2.

The senior games are coming up and she has put together team PBFF. They have signed up for the pickle ball and horse shoes events.

Disc Golf is one of the events offered. I have been bugging them for a couple of weeks to teach them disc golf so they can enter that event too. They have finally agreed that when they practice their horse shoes in our backyard pit they will let me introduce them to disc golf.

This should be fun. I plan to update this with some pics....

That is cool Fred. As an "experienced" disc golfer, I hope I have the time and facilties to continue to enjoy activities like those into my 70's.

I'm the event coordinator for Disc Golf in the National Senior Games. I look forward to meeting team PBFF. Tell them we want them to play whether they feel they have gotten "good enough" or not. Sign up by May 1. http://www.nsga.com/

NICE! Disc golf is an awesome community and I'm glad Steve and Fred get to "meet" each other here. Makes for a nice push for getting some more players involved!

Wish Oregon Senior Games had disc golf. It's being held in Bend, city of Nate & Valery and state of the current PDGA president ...

Wish Oregon Senior Games had disc golf. It's being held in Bend, city of Nate & Valery and state of the current PDGA president ...

Volunteer to be the event coordinator and make it happen. it's pretty easy; you can piggyback on all their organization.

Latest posts