• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] TeeDevil Review

Jahilbert

Good Evening DGCR World,

I thought I'd give a review of the Innova TeeDevil after I threw my first round today with the one I purchased from DTworld.com.

Let's start with my biases that are going to color this review:

1. I'm a RHBH guy who lives in Northern California and my home courses in San Jose are somewhat windy so I have a 175g disc.

2. My go to distance discs are the Discmania DD2 (400ft) and Legacy Rampage (380ft). The Rampage has replaced my Nuke.

3. I'm a tall guy with big hands so wide-rimmed drivers are no problem for me.

4. I do not fear new plastic, have no problem with warp speed drivers, and have no brand loyalty. I'm a disc whore....shoot me. I feel if the disc works, then use it......I really don't have an opinion on how other people feel about that. To each their own.

On to the review.....

Out of the box the rim felt smaller than my DD2, Rampage, and Nuke. It was meaty, however, like the Archon where the rim and flight plate meet. I didn't necessarily like the feel in my hand at first. I like the wider rims. However, the top plate felt very stiff and I'm down with that.

I played most of Parque De La Raza with the TeeDevil to get a feel for how it flies.

I consistantly got 380'-390' of distance with the disc and was very surprised by how it flew. The DGCR message boards made me fear my purchase as I was expecting a bit of flight craziness. The debate over the top/bottom hybrid had me worried. I don't like Destroyers, too stable for me. Vulcans are too inconsistent for me.

The disc flew pretty darn straight! A little slower than my Nuke but with much less fade at the end. I really felt that I had an immediate control over my disc and felt it was pretty predicable unlike the my experience with the more understable drivers from Innova (Archon, Vulcan, Katana)

I don't know what else to say from here after one day and 18 holes. I put my biases so you can take what I wrote with a grain of salt. I like it so far and I'll update as I break this guy in.

Have a great next round......

Cool, man. I was down there saturday and we played doubles cause only 8 people showed up for the monthly. :( Good info on the disc, I'd like to try it, just haven't bought one yet.

The review makes me wonder again how close the TeeDevil is to Westside's Sword. This review sounds almost identical to how the Sword flies for me.

For comparison, the Nuke's rim feels a little wider but not really that noticeable. The Sword has more HSS than the Nuke, enough to keep it straight without flipping or turning, but immediately sending it into a fade. The Sword has less LSS than the Nuke, which basically supports the observation that it is a very straight flyer. In all, very little lateral movement.

While I have kept the Pro Destroyers in the bag, the Nukes, however, have been taken out.

If it is the case where the TeeDevil is almost identical to the Sword, I think I will pass for now. I really like my Swords. The only reason I would consider a TeeDevil is that Gold Line/ Tournament plastic because incredibly slick during the winter, almost to the point where I cannot grip it at all. VIP and Opto are a little better, but I really like how Star and Pro feel in cold weather. A Pro TeeDevil could be perfect once the snow flies.

A straighter, easier to throw Destroyer... Yep, sounds like a Sword.

The disc flew pretty darn straight! A little slower than my Nuke but with much less fade at the end. I really felt that I had an immediate control over my disc and felt it was pretty predicable unlike the my experience with the more understable drivers from Innova (Archon, Vulcan, Katana)

what weights were you using with the archon, vulcan and katana? And which plastic? Because a heavy star Archon isn't that understable right out of the box. Especially Champion. I mean Archon, hyzer-flipped holds dead straight lines. Proto stars anyways.

I throw 175 for everything because it gets so windy at our courses.

The Archon and Vulcan are champion plastic but the Katana is a Star.

So are the Teedevil and the Destrulcan the same mold? I ask because I know my local shop has some Destrulcans but no Teedevils, and this sounds like a pretty nice distance driver.

So are the Teedevil and the Destrulcan the same mold? I ask because I know my local shop has some Destrulcans but no Teedevils, and this sounds like a pretty nice distance driver.

I saw a stack of Teedevils at a tourney on sunday. I pulled out the destrulcan I currently carry to compare. I would bet the farm that they are the same disc. I couldn't tell any difference between the two.

Based on the "DV" mine has on the back....they are indeed the same disc

The consensus from all the pros (big arms) I've let throw my TeeDevil is very similar...
Long and straight with a little fade and big skips.
Mind you these are guys who routinely throw 400'+

Second day of throwing the Teedevil confirms my original assessment. I gave it to a couple of guys to throw on a couple of holes and their results were similar to mine. I'm not getting big skips with the disc but the long and straight with very little fade seems to be the M.O. for this disc.

Got mine today only had enough day light for a few throws. Its very straight minimal fade, holds annys for a good distance and i really liked it sidearm. Could throw it low and straight. But what i liked the most was the big skips. They were very predictable and had many skip basket high

So what's the deal with the TeeDevil? Is it just a promo disc for that Australian thing or are they gona make more?

did you read the thread started by Booter?

there are many of these discs already in production
they have Destroyer stamps

Latest posts