• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Tell me about the Squall

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
I just got a really nice silver Squall in a tourney.

The plastic is like Star/ESP. Kinda shiny, real nice feeling.

How do they fly? More than a mid and less than a fairway driver and understable?

What would you compare it to?

Thanks!

Would have been, by far, my best choice to play "one-disc" with...but I have just found the Cro, which for me has been much more predictable than any other mid I've thrown.

The Squall holds a line fairly well. Turns over easily with enough speed. In my experience, it is the closest thing to a Buzzz I've ever thrown when it comes to flight characteristics, maybe slightly more stable. If you like the Buzzz, you'll probably like the Squall. But if you're already stocked up on Buzzzes it may not be worth a try.

Its a really versatile, straight disc, and those who don't have big arms will really like the controlled distance. It does hold either a hyzer or an annie as well. Definitely a candidate for a one-disc tourney.

Hope this helps.

It's a tweener disc just like you figured. Consider it between a Buzzz and a Stalker.
It doesn't handle headwinds well, but has nice glide.

It's a tweener disc just like you figured. Consider it between a Buzzz and a Stalker.
It doesn't handle headwinds well, but has nice glide.

Great summary from what I experienced in about 10 throws downstairs at the little park.

I like it so far. It held the anny line, the hyzer line and the straight line well.

The glide was great and it went farther than i expected for the effort i put into it.

I did only throw it a handful of times though.

'Just throw it in the bag!' -Fabolous

middle of the road

I really like this disc - can get some distance from it, but is also handles fairly easily. Will mostly hold any line you put on it. I typically use it for long, fairly straight or slightly S-shaped approaches that are a bit too far for my mids.

If I had to play in a one-disc competition, it would likely be the disc that I'd choose.

Super straight when thrown with power, holds a line without turning if you are throwing heavy weights, under 170g they will start o turn over.

Quickly became my favorite disc in the bag... The disc I throw when I want to go straight at it and don't have any ceiling to work with...

digging this thread up - just bought one today and threw it a little bit. It was recommended to me as a first DGA disc. So far I approve!

Mine is a Pro Line 175g. In comparison to my Buzzz (CryZtal 175, Z 177) and Roc (DX 180) it splits the middle. Stability wise it's right in between. It has glide like a Buzzz, shapes lines like a Roc, but honestly takes less snap for the same distance (translate - goes further without the effort). It feels nice - similar to Innova Pro or Star plastic but not quite the same.

Just messing around... I started throwing my controlled thumbers with a Pro-line Squall... very repeatable line.

Love this disc.

The squall is seriously the greatest disc ever, I say this after throwing it like 8 or 9 times, but I easily threw it about 330-340 with on a hyzer flip that was dead ****ing straight the entire line, I couldn't of drawn a straighter line ( I'm also a ****ty artist :|)

Super sneaky fast and long for a mid,definitely will be pairing it with fresh rocs.

I feel like I finally found the roc compliment i've been looking for, praise da lord.

How easy/hard is it to turn over? It sounds too straight for what I'd use it for.

See that's the thing, that throw wasn't even a full rip, I don't throw mids crazy far or anything but this thing is just so long for a mid, it reminds me way more of a fairway driver.

Kind of like a leopard,less stable than a buzzz.

If I threw it flat on a full rip it would probably turnover to the ground or maybe just fight out,it holds annys all the way as well, my first two throws with it were on a par four and it got me a birdie.

Definitely get one, you'll love it, I could definitely see this thing carving some woods in NC.

FWIW it has a bigger rim than a panther (speed 5) but smaller than a leopard, so it's somewhere inbetween.

Yeah, I've never pulled the trigger on one b/c to me it always looked/felt like a driver than a mid. I'm doing a little experiment with mids and uniform diameters (might start a thread about) and the Squall was a little too wide compared to my Nebs.

I remember this thread. Year and a half already eh?? Damn, time moves.

Yes the Squall is a great disc. I don't currently have one in the bag, but this is making me wanna go get one quick. I lost my Steady Ed Sparkle Squall :(

I just traded for a pro line one and it is sweeeeet, so glidey and delicious and fast and just everything i was looking for in a stable/understable mid,perfect compliment to rocs because i don't feel like beating them in forever all the time. :)