• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

I didn't listen/watch yet, so I can't comment on a lot of this, but Terry Miller/DG Guy would be a great (re)addition to the broadcasting team.

I second this notion. That would be a great idea!

Standing by my comment!

..... Not well played. True that some expressed an interest in different commentators. I was addressing those very strongly worded posts saying there is something inherently wrong with commentators having a conflict of interest.

Fans of other sport realms and commentators all have their favorite teams, or players, which they would like to see, do well and or win! Well established sports such as I don't know let's say NCAA Men's basketball, since that's what's hot right now. Commentators like Dick Vitale lay out the facts, and he gives them to you from all angles. When you have a commentator that is pro anything, especially someone who has their hands in a team of people, then we as a disc golfing community aren't getting a fair shake on commentary.

Ultimately, people are just asking for solid, all around commentary that's fair!
Why is that so bad?

Fair/unfair and conflict of interest are terms that are bringing the conversation into the realm of ethics. If DGPTV wants to use commentators that have a confusing rats nest of loyalties.....that has nothing to do with ethics.

I was laid up sick and got to watch the whole thing. Commentary didn't bother me except for Dave calling everyone stupid for taking risky shots inside 100'. I got the impression that "Coach Dave" was gonna have some harsh words for his team in the locker room after the round.

Maybe the commentary did bother me. Mostly Dave. Crazy John is great, he just needs a straight-man to reel him back in sometimes.

Like I said, I watched the whole thing and I got about zero arguments with free, live DG.

Also, for the people questioning Will's Prodigy 'teammates' not having his back with the card... Will had his own Card, GG and Wysocki had nothing to do with it, so to say they 'didn't have his back' because they 'let him turn it in without the total' is just plain wrong.
exactly they had nothing to do with it, but the greatest teammates would have something to do with it like insuring their teammate on their card doesnt turn in a bad scorecard. That's what defines having someone's back. Or maybe one of the overzealous teammates that came rushing to Will on 18 before eveyone else putted out could have made sure Will's card is good. It's just one example that displays the class act of this team.

Like I said, I watched the whole thing and I got about zero arguments with free, live DG.

so what about those of us who have given alot of money to support DGPtv? (more than just the base membership fee) its not exactly free to us.

Us (Prodigy) vs Them (Everyone else)

This is the mentality of every Team Prodigy member. Or at least if looks like it.

so what about those of us who have given alot of money to support DGPtv? (more than just the base membership fee) its not exactly free to us.

I gave money when they did the Vibram Open a few years ago and it was unwatchable. The audio and video sync sucked but at least for a stream the picture quality was excellent. :thmbup:

Pretty interesting. Being so new and all. I know controversy can help you advertise. But wow this could potentially be like sinking the ship before it even sets sail.

If it is any consolation to Paul McBeth... shooting a 39(!?!) won't be easily forgotten by me, whereas I already kind of wish I could forget that Will won the tourney(a medley of bias coverage, poor sportsmanship-including but not limited to early and excessive celebrations).

I was laid up sick and got to watch the whole thing. Commentary didn't bother me except for Dave calling everyone stupid for taking risky shots inside 100'. I got the impression that "Coach Dave" was gonna have some harsh words for his team in the locker room after the round.

Maybe the commentary did bother me. Mostly Dave. Crazy John is great, he just needs a straight-man to reel him back in sometimes.

Totally agree with this whole post. No complaints except for the "coach dave" mentality pointing out all the flaws the best in our sport were making.

Wow he walked right by Mcbeth.

I didn't see the 4th video earlier. That was jacked up. You gotta give the guy a handshake, or a fist bump or something.

I'll give Will the benefit of the doubt, maybe he congratulated him afterwards. At least I hope so.

Latest posts