• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Amateur Championships @ Bowling Green

travkram

I'm going down to the the Amateur Championships in Bowling Green KY and I live in Bloomington Indiana. Just seeing if anyone else from Indiana wants to go down with me. We could split gas and hotel or something. The tournament is April is 3,4 and 5th and registration ends March 28th. So if is anyone is interested just let me know.

Okay, let's hear from anyone going to BG Ams. This should be a great event! I know of at least 7 or 8 guys coming from the Atlanta area and most of us are playing intermediate. I am bringing a travel tag. Anyone else gonna be there with one to trade?

It's time to get excited as this is only a few days away.

Well I guess I'll resurrect this one for 2010. I signed up recently and have already booked a hotel. I can't wait! It will defiantly be the the disc golf highlight of the year for me. Who else is going this year? For those interested check it out here. For PDGA info/players list, check here.

Wish I was, plan to go next year, but wont be making it to this one :(

My last post put me at 666, and I wasnt going to sleep on that so added a extra one :|

Bowling Green Ams

I attended last year for the first time, was a blast. Over 800 discgolfers from everywhere imaginable, many great conversations, lots of free shwag, lots of fun mini games, and I got to play a grand total of 6 courses that were brand new to me over 3 days. Very generous players pack as well...I be there again this year, representing St. Louis...

im heading down, wont get their until the day of though which stinks because apparently there are some sweet games during wednesday and thursday. I am thinking this will be a sweet one for my first multi-day tournament

Way too busy with my thesis and graduation this year, but my goal is to go next year. Congrats to all who are going though. I've never really heard a bad thing about it.

Here is a bad thing about it...traditionally payout has been disgustingly bad, however, word on the street is that is a thing of the past. The BG Ams tourney was always basically a fundraiser for the big pro-tournament. It was excellent that there were so many competitors, but they weren't putting money back into the tourney if they didn't have to. You got a very nice players pack, but that was about it. I went two years ago and my payout for second place in Rec (of over 140 players) with a 35 dollar entry fee was only 50 bucks. Two discs and a T-shirt and I still had to pay some cash out of pocket.

However, as I said, this year is supposed to be different (entry fee was almost twice as much), so I am super excited. Part of what you are paying for is the experience of going to a town and having it taken over by golfers...very cool. I will see you guys down there!

I wish I had vacation days because then I would go down and watch David Wiggins in the Big Guns challenge on thursday but since I am self employed I can only afford to take one day off

Latest posts