• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

There is a tracking number on the package but MJ didnt or forgot to pm me the number. So I had no idea when it was arriving.

For those wondering about the Blue 177+s I went out to the field yesterday with all my comets and found the MJ to be more forgiving out of the hand. A little more HSS but still had around the same comet glide and stability in 2nd part of the flight. These to me would be the ideal comet for those long wooded straight tunnel holes where you can give it a clean rip and not worry so much about accidentally turning it over but wont fade out hard at the end.
Yea, they aren't quite as stable as the ledgestone Ti from 2015, but I like them

While mowing my lawn and listening to Another Round Radio Podcast I heard you talk about the *Frizzaks!

*I lived in Norwalk CT for a couple of years and in 2014 learned how to play disc golf from those guys (mainly Bobby C and Bard). Super nice guys who took a total newbie who's never touched a disc golf disc in and gave me the varsity disc golf training by letting me play rounds with them and field work. Super low key guys who never said anything about being 1000 rated pros the whole time.

Only a little later Bard, Cahill, and Dome talked about when they moved down to NC to play DG full time.

Thats why I love DG, you can have innova/discraft sponsored pros (like the Frizzaks) who will take in total newbies and help them out with their games without thinking twice or asking anything in return (only to help out with course work before the local tournaments).

The signature comets are money! Wish I'd gotten more than one....I've got the whole stability spectrum covered between these Ti and the X I already bag.

Wasn't able to score an MJ comet, but did get two of the graffiti stamp ti from ledgestone.

Nice flyers, so far. Haven't had a ton of time with them yet.

Wasn't able to score an MJ comet, but did get two of the graffiti stamp ti from ledgestone.

Nice flyers, so far. Haven't had a ton of time with them yet.

I've seen the Ti Comet's from 2015 Ledgestone with the large bar Discraft logo, but not graffiti stamped. Where'd you get them?

Hi peeps, new here.
I just bought my first comet, an orange Z 176g. I absolutely love it! It really does wonders. However, I live and play in Sweden, and it's cold here quite often, even now in spring. If temperatures reach below 10 Celsius my Comet gets hard like a rock, I mean REALLY hard. I have a hard time throwing it since it gets next to no grip. What's the alternative? I'm looking to maybe get another plastic since I can't imagine what it's going to be like in winter. The alternative plastics I can get ahold of here are ESP, Z, glo Z, X and big Z. The Comet i bought is pretty stable so I don't want the one I buy to be super floppy out of the box.

Hi peeps, new here.
I just bought my first comet, an orange Z 176g. I absolutely love it! It really does wonders. However, I live and play in Sweden, and it's cold here quite often, even now in spring. If temperatures reach below 10 Celsius my Comet gets hard like a rock, I mean REALLY hard. I have a hard time throwing it since it gets next to no grip. What's the alternative? I'm looking to maybe get another plastic since I can't imagine what it's going to be like in winter. The alternative plastics I can get ahold of here are ESP, Z, glo Z, X and big Z. The Comet i bought is pretty stable so I don't want the one I buy to be super floppy out of the box.
I would try out an esp one. They are less stable than Z, but in the cold they should fly like a Z and be grippier

Awesome. congrats on the sig disc MJ.

Will this be standard production for a while or is it a limited run type thing?

Though I wish they had your custom stamp.

Hi peeps, new here.

I know everyone's hands are different, but I think Discraft Z plastic is one of the slickest/hardest to grip when it's not warm outside. I always had issues with grip on my buzzes and ended up switching to DD Truths.

I know everyone's hands are different, but I think Discraft Z plastic is one of the slickest/hardest to grip when it's not warm outside. I always had issues with grip on my buzzes and ended up switching to DD Truths.

Lucid is alright, but I like the rigidity of Z. Cryztal is run regularly enough and good for cold days, but I need the stiffness of regular Z. Never had a problem with it...

What about Big Z or FLX? Great grip & durability.

Yup Crystal is great. I do throw my old Stiff Z comets and preds year round though. I am used to it, and rarely like softer plastic.

I don't get the preference for softer plastic. There's a point in a firmer plastic's life that it develops better grip than the limp stuff but it's still firm. It's the greatest feeling plastic on earth and also usually (for me anyway) starts the time that the disc becomes irreplaceable. At that point the next freshie goes into the bag for the cycle.

Last edited:

Latest posts