• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Hey MJ,

If you were building a bag for a beginner how many discs would it be and what molds would you include?

Temper your excitement about the Sparkle Z's.
I know that a lot of discs seem to be more stable in these kinds of specialty plastic, but for Comets, it's all about the dome and molding.
My 2013(?) Cryztal Comets are understable and short on glide.
My MJ ESP Glo's, however, are money.
Let's hope for even better from these Sparkle Z's...
The Sparkle Z Comet I got in today was domey and stiff. It did seem to be a little more stable than my flatter Comets.

it did replace my beat up rocs and coyotes. It can be a bit finicky to get the hang of at first, the main thing is to throw it nice and easy while learning it. Its a great disc cause it shows the flaws in your throw really well

I'm still learning proper form and it was suggested to me that I should purchase a Comet. I have always used an Elite Z Buzz or an ESP Buzz.

What plastic types in that mold are best for beginners like myself?

I'm still learning proper form and it was suggested to me that I should purchase a Comet. I have always used an Elite Z Buzz or an ESP Buzz.

What plastic types in that mold are best for beginners like myself?

Current run ESP is pretty good. If you're looking for more of a turnover disc then get an Elite-X since it will start out just as straight but beat in quicker.

I'll be waiting around to see if the shape is identical to last season. Otherwise I need to stock up on 2018s, since I only have 4 or so.

I have only seen a few of them so far, but I would say they are a little domier than last years were. Hopefully I'll be able to throw them a bunch soon and give everyone my opinion on how they perform

So I got a chance to throw the ESP Comet today. I got this disc for Christmas and all I can say is wow...this thing is magic. I have been playing for over 13 years and this is the understable mid I have always wanted. AMAZING GLIDE, flips to flat or drifts right depending on power, can go super straight, holds an anny at almost any power I gave it. This thing never turned and burned. It was so controllable from 150-300ft. I am absolutely amazed by this disc.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I just got mine today and I can't believe how similar it feels in my hand compared to the Hawks I used to throw back in the day. This afternoons field work is going to be pretty interesting.