• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

What is the lime green disc you are putting with in the Throw Down The Mountain videos?

The Ringer GT and the Ringer are the shallowest rim and lowest profile putter I tried yet.

I was putting with a Jawbreaker Ringer GT last year. I tried other putters this winter but now I'm back with a Ringer but a Soft X Ringer, a tad less stable than the GT and without the thumbtack.

Attachments

• low_profile_putters.jpg
    low_profile_putters.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 42
Have you thrown the sparkle Z comets that are coming?

I have a sparkle glo Buzzz and it is really understable - almost Buzzz SS flight. I'm interested to hear how this plastic is in this mold.

Sparkle Z is something I'd be interested in especially in other molds. Where did you hear about that plastic? Maybe I've missed it but can't say that I've heard of it before.

Was that a green Z Comet you used for your upshot on 18 and that beautiful park job on another hole?

That's a soft ringer GT

You've switched over the the GTs? Curious as to why you switched?

I've been putting with Roaches, but have recently changed up my put to be more spin than push, and I was having more success with a Ledgestone Z Ringer. I was thinking of trying out a X Ringer, but I have a couple of X Ringer GTs that I might try first.

Temper your excitement about the Sparkle Z's.
I know that a lot of discs seem to be more stable in these kinds of specialty plastic, but for Comets, it's all about the dome and molding.
My 2013(?) Cryztal Comets are understable and short on glide.
My MJ ESP Glo's, however, are money.
Let's hope for even better from these Sparkle Z's...

I ordered a sparkle not only because they look great; but because i want to test them beside an ESP GLO to see which is more stable. I'd honestly be shocked if the Z sparkle is beefier than the MJ's.

Temper your excitement about the Sparkle Z's.
I know that a lot of discs seem to be more stable in these kinds of specialty plastic, but for Comets, it's all about the dome and molding.
My 2013(?) Cryztal Comets are understable and short on glide.
My MJ ESP Glo's, however, are money.
Let's hope for even better from these Sparkle Z's...

I completely agree about the cryZtal comets. My only sparkle Z thrower is an old DGLO and it's on the understable side of the comet spectrum.

I ordered a sparkle not only because they look great; but because i want to test them beside an ESP GLO to see which is more stable. I'd honestly be shocked if the Z sparkle is beefier than the MJ's.

The new run of Z Comets are molding up with a good dome and are noticeably more stable than MJ/ESP runs. You can rip on them hard and flat and they will not turn.

The new run of Z Comets are molding up with a good dome and are noticeably more stable than MJ/ESP runs. You can rip on them hard and flat and they will not turn.

Doesn't sound like my kinda Comet. Do they still glide at least?

Sounds like my bridge between my current Comets and Wasp. I've been looking for something to bridge the gap between my flat Z Wasp and my heavy domey Comet. I'm looking for something similar to a "2-3" Roc, as my Comets are my "4&5" Rocs and my Wasp is my "1" Roc.

You've switched over the the GTs? Curious as to why you switched?

I've been putting with Roaches, but have recently changed up my put to be more spin than push, and I was having more success with a Ledgestone Z Ringer. I was thinking of trying out a X Ringer, but I have a couple of X Ringer GTs that I might try first.

I switched over to them because I was a rhino putter when I was with innova and these are what I had been waiting for. Took the thumbtack patent going out for me to get them finally. But didnt want to swap midseason when they came out

Latest posts