• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

So yesterday, 12/13/2013 about 8 of us went to play at the scrapyard in Matthews, NC, just outside of Charlotte and we just got finished with hole 10-12, not sure which it was, when two people came up to the teepad behind us. We yelled to play through, so we were sitting there shooting the sh*t, we just got finished w/ our last pharmacy school final for the year, so talking about that mainly. We were watching the guys behind us make some killer approach shots from out of the woods when all of sudden I recognized one of them. It was MJ, and he was w/ some girl that made a sick anny shot out of the woods. I said to my friends I know who that is, he is a discraft pro. I had to pull him up on my phone to prove myself. I didn't say anything to him at all as he passed though I knew it was him. So MJ, if you are reading this, if you remember playing the scrapyard on Friday, DEC 13th, and playing through a big group after hole 10...one of us recognized you, and didn't say anything to you...I was kinda speechless ha. I totally regret it not saying anything!!
Nice! You had anice small group you were with that round :)

So MJ, back when you threw Rhynos, what plastic did you prefer for putting, approaches, etc. If you were starting to use Rhynos again now, which ones would you use?

I dont know which or what ones i would use now. I onlyever just putted with rhynos, i never threw them for anything. I mostly used the special edition soft rhynos to putt with

Hey MJ, I have been checking out the tourney coverages mcfly so high does that you are in....You make driving look so easy...actually your putting is like that too...im curious what discs do you use? Would you consider doing a in the bag video and stating what weights you use? it doesn't look like you throw a lot of fast or overstable discs

I need to do an in the bag video or something one of these days

Hey MJ, out of curiosity. You were sponsored by Physical Flight and carry their bag, but now Physical Flight is no more. Still going to be using that bag or are you switching up your sponsorship to someone else now?

I will still carry the bag and sort something out

Well I only was lucky enough to caddy for about 4 holes, but i saw a Comet, Banger, Nuke and some yellow disc without a stamp. :thmbup:

From following this thread, I think that about covers it, except for the XL(s)...Preds?

Then there's this:

http://discraft.com/team_johansen.html

But this list has been up for a minute, be interesting to see how much of this is still in the bag.

My bag changes fairly regularly as far as changing out beat up drivers and things like that. But i really dont change a while lot of molds all the time. New things usually get worked on in the winter

Its pretty much 3-4 bangers, 2-3 comets, a hornet and a buzz are my mids. Weights and plastics change and vary throughout the year ,depending on the course and conditions. Right now my drivers are 2 nukes, a pred, an xl, a force, and some cranks that i am trying right now

So far i think it is pretty badass! By far the most approachable fast disc that i have thrown. By no means is it a headwind disc though !

MJ, I recently picked up Clash's Hornets Nest DVD - Toughshot/Worstshot on that course looked brutal. Although Team Hair didn't have the best day the DVD still stands up over time and was very entertaining. It was nice to see everyone enjoying the competition and showing comradely among tour friends - well done.

Welcome back to the site MJ :) I asked about Rhynos cuz I picked up a pretty R-Pro recently and liked the feel, so I snagged a DX and am now thinking about a 2nd of each and maybe a Champ. Innova ProShop has some Pro Rhynos, but I really need to make a big order w/lots of F2s to make it worthwhile heh.

Bag contents>Somewhere in this thread is a list from earlier this year he gave out, I saw it get quoted in another thread a few days ago :)

Hope everyone has a good time tonight and is safe ! Looking forward to a big year in 2014 and more fun answering questions from you guys

You too MJ. Here's to a great season for you next year, with plenty of fun along the way.