• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Ti wasp

Great thread mj! Read the whole thing the last couple days. Just wondering if you have thrown or do throw the Ti wasp? I won one threw some script and fell in love. My Go to stable midrange now up to 320or so. Also what is your favorite pink floyd album? Used to be animals for me but lately its been meddle. Thanks

Great thread mj! Read the whole thing the last couple days. Just wondering if you have thrown or do throw the Ti wasp? I won one threw some script and fell in love. My Go to stable midrange now up to 320or so. Also what is your favorite pink floyd album? Used to be animals for me but lately its been meddle. Thanks

I have only thrown them a little bitso far. Nice and stable though.
Favourite Floyd album, piper at the gates of dawn or the live side of ummagumma

just wondering

ik im not that good yet but how do i go about getting a PDGA number??

o and dnt reply if ur guna just rip on me or some random stuff like that its a simple question all i want is a nice answer with out insults thank you

o and dnt reply if ur guna just rip on me or some random stuff like that its a simple question all i want is a nice answer with out insults thank you

Thats an easy one to help you with. Just got to pdga.com and go to the membership tab, there is a section for renewing and joining the pdga. Ask away if you need any other help

MJ, have you thrown the Cryztal blended Comets yet? I've been throwing a few from the Zombie Apocalypse Tournament and I have to say, they are much flippier then I had thought they were going to be. All max weight, all much flippier then any Z or ESP I've ever thrown. They almost remind me of a hard X Comet. Any thoughts?

First off, this dude must have been lurking the forums for awhile to have his first post be this afraid of what people are going to say.

Second, I love that I actually understood what he typed. And I'm a former English major.

I guess I'm saying that I love that he did his homework and didn't do his homework at the same time.

So you only putt with the Ringer? You don't drive and upshot with it?

Its my favorite driving putter but I can't putt with it to save my life.

i feel you should know that i didn't do any home work at all i used common sense and personal experience i play games online alot and i know simple questions could lead to ignorant people being not so nice and thank you for proving my point for insulting my typing/English i also feel you should know im not an english major and if i used short hand that is because i am dyslexic and misspell alot of simple words so that is why i use short hand thank you

ok so i looked at that and i see i need some money no biggie there but i dont quite understand where i would be im assuming either novice or recreational and are all the things put in the definitions of divisions required i.e do i have to throw back hand im not saying i cant i just dont do it cuz i always end up hurting my shoulder so if it is required can u give me some pointers on a back hand throw
and is it a yearly payment or how dose thta work??

Last edited:
ok so i looked at that and i see i need some money no biggie there but i dont quite understand where i would be im assuming either novice or recreational and are all the things put in the definitions of divisions required i.e do i have to throw back hand im not saying i cant i just dont do it cuz i always end up hurting my shoulder so if it is required can u give me some pointers on a back hand throw
and is it a yearly payment or how dose thta work??

You arent required to throw any shot at any level. They just give you little guidelines on what they think each division is. Its really just a personal thing which one you want to do. If you dont feel like you are vey good or havent playedthat long, try rec or intermeadiate. When you sign up you arent required to stick inthat division the whole time. After you play an event or to it will become clearer what division you should be in. And yes it isa yearlypayment tokeep your membership up to date, but once you join that is your pdga # for life, so you can not play for years pay for your renewal and just keep going

You got it, thats all i use it for. I throw bangers

I'm sure you've answered my question at some point in this thread but I'll ask it again ... Tell me about those Bangers. How many do you carry? Which plastic? If you're throwing Pro-D, how long do they last before you replace them? Do they get too flippy or just wear away to nothing?

I believe I remember you saying that you have a stash of ESP Bangers. I've been throwing Pro-D - no current production of ESP as far as I know - and love them for approach and drives off the tee.

Have you tried the LE Z? Thoughts?

I'm sure you've answered my question at some point in this thread but I'll ask it again ... Tell me about those Bangers. How many do you carry? Which plastic? If you're throwing Pro-D, how long do they last before you replace them? Do they get too flippy or just wear away to nothing?

I believe I remember you saying that you have a stash of ESP Bangers. I've been throwing Pro-D - no current production of ESP as far as I know - and love them for approach and drives off the tee.

Have you tried the LE Z? Thoughts?

As of now i carry, 2 esp, 2 pro d, and 1 Z
i use the d's until they are crazy flippy, but i roll new ones in the bag every couple of months. Just so i have some back ups started along. I love beat up ones for my touch approach shots.

I have not used any of the LE Z ones, i have several of the original run of Zs

You arent required to throw any shot at any level. They just give you little guidelines on what they think each division is. Its really just a personal thing which one you want to do. If you dont feel like you are vey good or havent playedthat long, try rec or intermeadiate. When you sign up you arent required to stick inthat division the whole time. After you play an event or to it will become clearer what division you should be in. And yes it isa yearlypayment tokeep your membership up to date, but once you join that is your pdga # for life, so you can not play for years pay for your renewal and just keep going

ok well then would you be kind enough to give me a few pointers on how to throw a backhand so that i dnt hurt my shoulder as often thank you much appreciated

ok well then would you be kind enough to give me a few pointers on how to throw a backhand so that i dnt hurt my shoulder as often thank you much appreciated

I'm not trying to step on MJ's toes here, but have you looked through the Technique forum? It should prove to be a very useful resource to help you learn any throw's form. I would start here first.

I threw predominantly FH for almost 7 years before finally working on developing a BH. The links I provided above are what I used, and it's been a painless, easy process so far.

Latest posts