• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

so Mj any new stuff in the bag? Seems like i remember seeing you throw some Big Z molds last time i watched a vid online .. one looked like the Mantis

so Mj any new stuff in the bag? Seems like i remember seeing you throw some Big Z molds last time i watched a vid online .. one looked like the Mantis

I think I remember him saying that the Mantis were gonna replace the XL's in his bag or something like that. I've yet to throw anything Big Z...

I think I are remember him saying that the Mantis were gonna replace the XL's in his bag or something like that. I've yet to throw anything Big Z...

You are right on that. The only new things I have in the bag are the crank and mantis

MJ, you should do an instructional video on how you throw a sidearm. Would love to see that. Maybe you could make that happen?

When I started picking discs and filling out my bag I started with only Innova because it made it easier to compare...fast forward a bit and I've been experimenting with new companies and figured after all the talk I see on here about how awesome a comet is I might as well pick one up. I had been using a foxbat in this slot and have been finding myself throwing it less and less. The comet (175 ESP) arrived today and I snuck out for some lunch time fieldwork. Wow. 1 toss and I knew my foxbat was done. A few more tosses and it sealed the deal. What a great disc. Now I'm wondering - what else am I missing out on...

Hey, Michael!

I have a question about the Banger-GT plastics. I currently have a few D and one Elite X-Soft and I'm looking for some new ones to use for approaches. How do the D and Elite X-Soft compare in stability when new and how they break in over time?

And some Comet love again! Last tournament I played I made my second Comet Ace (270 ft)! The best part was that it was my very first throw in the tournament so I got to have the lead for at least a while. :thmbup:

Hey, Michael!

I have a question about the Banger-GT plastics. I currently have a few D and one Elite X-Soft and I'm looking for some new ones to use for approaches. How do the D and Elite X-Soft compare in stability when new and how they break in over time?

And some Comet love again! Last tournament I played I made my second Comet Ace (270 ft)! The best part was that it was my very first throw in the tournament so I got to have the lead for at least a while. :thmbup:

From my experience the x-soft ones hold there stability a little longer than pro d ones. I usually mix and match mine

Play well at World's, Michael!

Question: What kind of shoes will you be rocking at Worlds? What do you look for in a DG shoe?

Question 2: Will you re-stock your bag with some new plastic before the tourney, or use mostly (or all) stuff that you've been seasoning for a while?

Latest posts