• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I'm starting to get drunk on the Comet Kool Aid. Loving them since I picked up a Big Z at Marshall Street. Since then I've picked up an ESP and a couple of X's.

Loving them all!

I'm starting to get drunk on the Comet Kool Aid. Loving them since I picked up a Big Z at Marshall Street. Since then I've picked up an ESP and a couple of X's.

Loving them all!

Now that is what I like to hear!

Michael what are your feelings on folding chairs and swearing :p

Michael what are your feelings on folding chairs and swearing :p

tumblr_inline_nc09ga2AAO1rt6qr4.gif

Just here to show love for the Comet, and MJ of course. Hit my second ace, first on my home course tonight at dubs for a lovely $1,000.00. I've always loved the Comet, and I always will.

I have a used 180 x comet on the way. I love my 166g big z and im hoping the x will be a reliable hyzerflip to no fade disc where the big z will turn but usually finish with a small fade on a flat/slight hyzer release.

Should I expect the heavier x comet to flip even if thrown slightly nose up? The lighter big z fades pretty good if I nose it up.

I have a used 180 x comet on the way. I love my 166g big z and im hoping the x will be a reliable hyzerflip to no fade disc where the big z will turn but usually finish with a small fade on a flat/slight hyzer release.

Should I expect the heavier x comet to flip even if thrown slightly nose up? The lighter big z fades pretty good if I nose it up.

In general it should flip even when thrown with nose up. The x plastic is a good bit floppier than other plastics. That being said brand new it will act kinda like your big z one. It will break in quickly though

How was your transition from casual to competitive disc golf Michael? I know you started by just having fun with the game. (Not that you ever stopped. :)) But when did you decide you were going to start practicing to actually get better, and how have you gone about doing that?

What kind of actual practice vs. playing do you do, and what does your practice breakdown look like? (Mostly putting, mostly field work, throwing multiple drives off tees on the course, whatever it might be.)

How was your transition from casual to competitive disc golf Michael? I know you started by just having fun with the game. (Not that you ever stopped. :)) But when did you decide you were going to start practicing to actually get better, and how have you gone about doing that?

What kind of actual practice vs. playing do you do, and what does your practice breakdown look like? (Mostly putting, mostly field work, throwing multiple drives off tees on the course, whatever it might be.)

That's going to be a long one to answer. I will have to get back on this thread and give you a good answer on this one

For us 250-275 foot throwers out there the Comet should be a required disc. I have always carried a Buzzz and wanted a disc that I could take a little off of and still stay straight. I have never thrown a midrange disc in no wind that finished straight to slightly right. Just a little snap on this full weight Z Comet and it will hold any line and thrown flat will finish slightly right..
How come you guys didn't tell me this is what I needed?

Strength training and diet improvement first and foremost
Putting
General form with the inevitable icy tee pads around here necessitating standstill throws

Great question.

Latest posts