• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

First mj has always been my favorite golfer since I started 6 yrs ago. I putted with ringers forever because he did. His attitude on the course, humbleness, and friendliness (to people he doesn't even know, like me) is something that I have always admired. He was super nice in working out a deal with my wife for a surprise birthday present for one of his fundraiser disc. Also cool enough to take pics with us after his 4th in worlds in 2012.

But the reason I I'm writing this is because I played castle hayne for the first time this past weekend. The shot he threw on #11 at the azela was amazing on film (I think it was 2015 w Wiggins in his group). Now that I've played #11, my mind is absolutely blown! Probably the greatest golf shot I have ever seen. If I remember correctly, it's a 500ft par 4 that he eagled. Wow, if someone could embed the video with that hole, I'm sure everyone would be impressed.

Keep up the good work mj and come win another hickory classic!

Hey MJ,

I heard about this post on Reddit and had to come check it out, especially since I'm (so excitedly) playing in the same tourney as you this weekend!!

My question to you is, do you feel ready to take another win out of up and coming 2015 RoY Chris Dickerson's hands? I've seen you guys battle a lot on YouTube, and even in person at the Harmon Hills a-tier last fall. I can tell you from experience that, while Harleywood does cater to big distance on a handful of holes, that mean control game will definitely leave you in contention.

Super excited to play around you and see your mad scores this weekend!

Haha I tried to beat him this last weekend, but he played steady golf. But n general I really don't play the people I am competing against, I play th golf course and against myself

Hey MJ, I want to love the Comet but the rim seems funny in my hand. I love meteors and glides tho so do you think the comet overlaps these or are they completely different?

They definitely overlap in their flight patterns. A glide is a good one to get the comet feel if you dont like the deeper rim of the comet

First mj has always been my favorite golfer since I started 6 yrs ago. I putted with ringers forever because he did. His attitude on the course, humbleness, and friendliness (to people he doesn't even know, like me) is something that I have always admired. He was super nice in working out a deal with my wife for a surprise birthday present for one of his fundraiser disc. Also cool enough to take pics with us after his 4th in worlds in 2012.

But the reason I I'm writing this is because I played castle hayne for the first time this past weekend. The shot he threw on #11 at the azela was amazing on film (I think it was 2015 w Wiggins in his group). Now that I've played #11, my mind is absolutely blown! Probably the greatest golf shot I have ever seen. If I remember correctly, it's a 500ft par 4 that he eagled. Wow, if someone could embed the video with that hole, I'm sure everyone would be impressed.

Keep up the good work mj and come win another hickory classic!
Thanks you :clap:

Hey MJ,

I am going to be playing in my first Azalea AM next weekend. I've played Castle Hayne a handful of times. I really love the course design and I always have a good time but I've yet to post a score under 70. With you being the utmost expert on scoring well there I was wondering if you would be willing to throw out some tips or focus points that you use. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hey MJ,

I am going to be playing in my first Azalea AM next weekend. I've played Castle Hayne a handful of times. I really love the course design and I always have a good time but I've yet to post a score under 70. With you being the utmost expert on scoring well there I was wondering if you would be willing to throw out some tips or focus points that you use. Any help would be much appreciated!

A course like the Payne, takes patience and not trying to be a hero too often. Its a course that there are lots of ways to play it and score well. If you don't like a shot or hole, play it for a par or an easy bogey and just go onto the next one

A course like the Payne, takes patience and not trying to be a hero too often. Its a course that there are lots of ways to play it and score well. If you don't like a shot or hole, play it for a par or an easy bogey and just go onto the next one

Thanks, I will definitely do my best to keep that in mind. Best of luck in the Open! Hopefully I can get down there to catch a round.

Hey guys,

does anyone know what this stamp is called for the elite X comet or where I can find more? I wanted to buy a couple more.

thanks

Attachments

• comet.jpg
    comet.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 101
Hey guys,

does anyone know what this stamp is called for the elite X comet or where I can find more? I wanted to buy a couple more.

thanks

There are still some of these in stores, but harder to find all the time.
You can see one on eBay occasionally.
You can try the MP on DGCR.

Hey MJ, I see you're registered for the Mad City Open for the first time, that's great! If you need a caddy for any of the rounds I'd be glad to carry for you. Good luck, I think you'll like the courses.

Hey MJ, I see you're registered for the Mad City Open for the first time, that's great! If you need a caddy for any of the rounds I'd be glad to carry for you. Good luck, I think you'll like the courses.

I'm not usually one for a caddy much during events, but thanks for the offer. Looking forward to getting up there and playing some new events and courses this year. Been a while since I have done much traveling

When are the tour series MJ comets coming back? I am getting one....or 2 this year!

Not sure just yet. Working on tweaking the stamp some and doing another one as well. Hopefully by sometime in May. At least that is the plan

Hi MJ -

It seems most (all?) of your discs are Z plastic, which seems to last forever. I'm wondering how often you put new discs of the same mold in your bag? Is it just to change things up or for a specific flight that isn't happening anymore?

I'm not usually one for a caddy much during events, but thanks for the offer. Looking forward to getting up there and playing some new events and courses this year. Been a while since I have done much traveling

Sounds good, my buddy is signed up for open as well so I'll be up there at least one day. He's pretty stoked you're registered, he's a big fan of you and your game.

Latest posts