• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Besides the swirly glow ESP Comets?

02e37e19b8648d1e8374fe05b7c3a47e.jpg

*pic from the Comet Love thread

Last edited:
MJ - As a general rule, would you rather throw a slower disc harder or a faster disc softer? I see this type of discussion brought up frequently and I was just curious if you had any thoughts on the subject. Thx!

I see you're playing the Rumble. How did you like the Quad Cities? Camden 2 is my favorite course.

They were alright. I would need to play Camden more to give you an honest opinion. West lake was a pretty good park style course, but could seriously use some course flow work and would be nice if it were possible to trim some holes

Hey MJ!

Sorry if this has been asked before. We were discussing yesterday after a round with a friend about your style of not watching the end result of your throw. Is it part of your mental game so you don't see the bad breaks and sort of forget your throw after the disc have left your hand?

Hey MJ!

Sorry if this has been asked before. We were discussing yesterday after a round with a friend about your style of not watching the end result of your throw. Is it part of your mental game so you don't see the bad breaks and sort of forget your throw after the disc have left your hand?

It started with me doing it on putts. When they felt right and I did what I wanted to do, I didn't want to see spit outs or cut throughs. On drives it just started happening cause I play so much on my own, once I know it's flying right, just go get my bag and go to the shot

Loving all the Comet love, great thread! I was there at the '99 Worlds in Chili, NY when Ron upset the Champ's bid for his 10th straight Worlds. Fun to watch Russell's booming drives and odd backwards putting stance to win it. Most amazing to watch was Clino's poise and composure during the match, and his sportsmanship and utter graciousness when he had to concede that Russell was going to dethrone him after nine straight championships.

Attachments

• IMG_20180422_191720429.jpg
    IMG_20180422_191720429.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 104
MJ have you had a chance to check out the Vulture yet? I tried one today and loved it. Curious what you think of it.

MJ, have you considered doing an in the bag video? I personally think there should be more pros doing these, even if it is kind of a marketing gimmick. I feel like I follow this thread close enough to know what you throw, but would love to hear your descriptions and smaller details about how and why your bag is setup a certain way.

Congrats on the Standing Rocks win, MJ. Question for you: what slow disc do you use to get slightly more fade than a banger? I've had a couple approaches lately where the Zone is too OS but the banger just won't curl enough. Thoughts?

Congrats on the Standing Rocks win, MJ. Question for you: what slow disc do you use to get slightly more fade than a banger? I've had a couple approaches lately where the Zone is too OS but the banger just won't curl enough. Thoughts?

I pretty much only use bangers and comets as my miss and putter approach discs

Latest posts