• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I think he is bagging the zone

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Most the time I just carry 4 different bangers and one is usually really stable, as for mids it's generally just a lot of different comets. Sometimes a zone will sneak in for some events as well as hornets still do some

MJ, did you stick with the mantis for longer shots at Idlewild? Or what was your go to disc like on the 2nd shot on 12 where you needed a little more D in a tight fairway?

Second shot on 12 for me all 3 rounds were the new esp cranks. With the way the wind was blowing this week I didn't use the Mantis much, more of an undertaker course for me

MJ I'm sure this had been asked and answered but short of going through thousands of post what is your favorite plastic of the comet. I just started throwing the comet to replace a swedish disc that was to touchy and love it. I grabbed a Z comet just wondering if I should grab some esp as well

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MJ I'm sure this had been asked and answered but short of going through thousands of post what is your favorite plastic of the comet. I just started throwing the comet to replace a swedish disc that was to touchy and love it. I grabbed a Z comet just wondering if I should grab some esp as well

As of right now, my fav comets are my tour series ones, the esp/glo blend. They are just what I have been asking them to be made like

Do you know if another run of your tour series esp/glo will be done. I am having a hard time finding more then 1 in color that will be easy to find in tall grass and the woods.
As of right now, my fav comets are my tour series ones, the esp/glo blend. They are just what I have been asking them to be made like

Do you know if another run of your tour series esp/glo will be done. I am having a hard time finding more then 1 in color that will be easy to find in tall grass and the woods.

Yes, there should be another one done

Maybe as a part of a vacation and play an event and some courses. Doesn't really make sense to me to do it otherwise at this point financially speaking

Not sure, if it can be that bad. If You would stay in Estonia a week, we would accomodate You and let You do some clinics, where You would get some 1000 euro, which should cover all the travel cost. And then You could participates in some B or A tier here and get another 500 euro. Second week in Finland with same schedule and You should be allright. And of course You would make so many people happy here :)

What kind of demon magic did you come up with on these new swirl glo comets?

These are beating in more stable. I thought I was mis-remembering the stability of a fresh one until I threw another new one, same weight, 177g. The new one was flying a normal Comet flight while my few weeks old one is flying like a beat in Roc.

I am confused how this is happening, but it's pretty cool.

I took a couple tour series comets and some new max weight Ti comets out to a field for a comparison. I thought the Ti ones would be more stable, but i was wrong! The ESP Glo blend loves to finish with a gentle fade brand new, even after flipping up to flat. I love having a reliable stable comet in the bag. I just use an older regular run ESP comet to compliment it in the flippy department.

I took a couple tour series comets and some new max weight Ti comets out to a field for a comparison. I thought the Ti ones would be more stable, but i was wrong! The ESP Glo blend loves to finish with a gentle fade brand new, even after flipping up to flat. I love having a reliable stable comet in the bag. I just use an older regular run ESP comet to compliment it in the flippy department.

Agreed. The Swirly ESP Comets are a bit more stable than the new TI Comets.

The Swirly ESPs are my favorite Comets to throw. Better than the old ESP, Elite Z, Glo Z, Big Z, and Signature Elite Z. The Elite X Comets are a best comparison, in my opinion; but not as pretty as the Swirly ESPs.

This year you have played the Rumble, Titan Open, and Des Moines Challenge, what Iowa course(s) are your favorite? Also what course(s) in the Madison area do you favor/play the most?

MJ, I heard you weren't too pleased with Rollin Ridge. I've only been up there once, but really enjoyed the property. I can see where the course could use some improvement, but never really felt negative towards any of it. I'm genuinely interested to hear what your thoughts about the course are. To me it's very similar to Idlewild in a sense that the fairways are really tight and bad kicks do happen, so I wonder why is one course your favorite and the other not so much.

MJ, I heard you weren't too pleased with Rollin Ridge. I've only been up there once, but really enjoyed the property. I can see where the course could use some improvement, but never really felt negative towards any of it. I'm genuinely interested to hear what your thoughts about the course are. To me it's very similar to Idlewild in a sense that the fairways are really tight and bad kicks do happen, so I wonder why is one course your favorite and the other not so much.

I live pretty close and can only think of a few holes that I'd really change much. I've never been to any courses that jomez/ccdg have filmed. I'd really like to go to one or have something filmed at RR. I see holes on coverage and kind of think how? There's gotta be a difference between a drone flight and walking a course, but I have no experience to know how much difference there is.

I live pretty close and can only think of a few holes that I'd really change much. I've never been to any courses that jomez/ccdg have filmed. I'd really like to go to one or have something filmed at RR. I see holes on coverage and kind of think how? There's gotta be a difference between a drone flight and walking a course, but I have no experience to know how much difference there is.

Not to get too far off topic, but it seems that drone footage makes holes look MUCH longer than they actually are. Without knowing the distance, I might think that some holes are almost double what they actually are, just based on the drone video.

You have this backwards. I love rolling ridge!! Now the silver creek layout they used this year i could do without.
Not sure who is telling you i didn't like RR. The only thing I didn't like about it this year was my own play. 😂