• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

hello MJ congratulations on being the best putter on tour again two times in a row.

Can you give some tipps on your putting practise routine and how you become such a good putter?

regards

Bump this and well done MJ that's amazing considering how good those guys are.

I'd say he's a gun slinger and has supreme confidence

MJ,

Wanted to say congrats on the new contract! Glad we will be able to watch you throw comets and bangers for a few more years. Speaking of the latter, heard anything about another run of the swirly esp bangers?

Congrats MJ on the contract. Gotta throw some comet love in here. Finally got a round in this past weekend and even with my rusty skills the comet never failed me. I birdied all 3 holes I used it on with some magical straight shots. I couldn't more impressed with my 2017 MJ Z sparkle Comet at 169g. If your reading this thread and do not own a Comet please get your act together and support MJ.

Hey MJ are those tasty looking cryZtal comets going to be your 2019 tour series Disc? Or just a limited run? I wonder if they are more stable than the ESP GLO's?

Would love to add one to the collection either way!

Hey Mj,

I've been working on my form this winter and have been watching and reading a lot on the subject. I wanted to know what you think are the most fundamental aspects of good form? What advice advanced your game the most? Or just any other tid-bits you want to share. Thanks!

Hey MJ are those tasty looking cryZtal comets going to be your 2019 tour series Disc? Or just a limited run? I wonder if they are more stable than the ESP GLO's?

Would love to add one to the collection either way!

Just a run from a few years ago. Dont remember if they are more stable than the esp glo ones or not

God, I miss CryZtal plastic. It's so hard to find these days. Even here in Michigan. That is still one of my favorite plastics out there. When I was young and before back surgery, a CryZtal Nuke was a BOMBER. And for Buzzz/Stalker/Comet they just felt so dang nice... I'm getting nostalgic. :D

I do have a hard time seeing a more stable comet than the current ESP GLO's. Perhaps a sparkle Z-FLX would do the trick? Perhaps that's getting a little overboard... !

I do have a hard time seeing a more stable comet than the current ESP GLO's. Perhaps a sparkle Z-FLX would do the trick? Perhaps that's getting a little overboard... !

Just find any Comet with a bigger dome and you'll find a more stable one than current ESP Glo. They're not common though. The 3rd run LE ESP was one of them, and no ESP has molded up like that since. There are some Z comets starting to pop up with a big dome and I've been slowly snagging them for the backup pile. You can rip them as hard as you want flat and they will stay true.

Just find any Comet with a bigger dome and you'll find a more stable one than current ESP Glo. They're not common though. The 3rd run LE ESP was one of them, and no ESP has molded up like that since. There are some Z comets starting to pop up with a big dome and I've been slowly snagging them for the backup pile. You can rip them as hard as you want flat and they will stay true.

Same with some of the one from the 2000's. I have used my moms Domed X or Elite X Comet as one can rip on the disc as well as use it for the approach shot as it is such a disc for that due to Comets in a non Z plastic having more glide then the low dome discs. Never thought about how the Z plastic would work in high or low dome as an approach disc/windy day putter but would work for the driving putter slot if one does not want to use a putter for the driving putter type of shot.

I however use a Star Shark the 2016 hi dome model you had to brake in or the old Pro Shark both 175 grams to use in the same place as a domey X plastic or ESP Comet would be used for a disc in the approach slot up to as close as 37-40 feet to about 75 feet or so. Any further and I am using a Shark 3.

Thinking this would be a fun comet stamp to try and bring back

Yes please, the Saturn stamp is by far my personal favorite! I have a nice little stash of the originals and one of the pearly Big-Z comets they ran that stamp on when they were first released in that blend.

It would be fantastic if you could work some magic and bring back something similar to the old tournament pro baseline plastic, X-line is nice but just doesn't compare to the grip of the original blend. Swirly tournament pro comets with a MJ signature saturn stamp... please take my money now. Those would be a great compliment to the 2017 MJ Z/Ti blend comets.

Latest posts