• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

So with all the hype of the stable comets (which I love), what's a great neutral to understable comet? I use an X comet but it's gotten so rashy and doesn't hold up very long. Just a flat z? Big Z? Or take the time to work in an esp?

So with all the hype of the stable comets (which I love), what's a great neutral to understable comet? I use an X comet but it's gotten so rashy and doesn't hold up very long. Just a flat z? Big Z? Or take the time to work in an esp?

Find the "older" run of ESP Comets. The run that's after the limited edition run but before the swirly ESP. They molded up flatter and are on the understable side. That goes for any Comet, really. If you find one with a low dome it will start out less stable.

Big Z or any flatter Z will be straighter. Even a good bit of the new esp ones are straight right out of the box. You just have to look for the ones with lower domes on them

If it's the CryZtal Comets that were released as tourney fundraisers around 2013 then I remember them being on the understable side.

I have maybe 10 of these 2013 CryZtal Comets and I throw them in field practice.
They are between X's and Z's in stability.
Unfortunately, they are low on the glide potential.

On a more pleasant note, if anyone wants to buy them off me, I'd sell...

I had a few of those. That orange one to be specific.

That run of plastic (late 90's) was unbelievable for its time.

You could describe it but no one would believe you...

Everytime I read the title on this thread it makes me think MJ is in a relationship with a girl named comet. Wonder what kind of profession a girl named comet would be in?..

Can only speak for myself, I have found Glo Comets to be discs short on dome, glide and stability.
No doubt there are exceptions and even Glo Comets have their place, but that is my observation.

When I want a glowing Comet, I use the ESP Glo MJ Signature discs. They are reasonably bright at night and glide forever. High dome and probably the most stable Comet everrrrrr.