• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Best disc no one throws

The Spider in champion plastic. I literally never see people talk about this disc being good and from the tournaments I've played, I've been the only person with it in my bag. I absolutely love this disc. Whatever line you want to put it on it will stay on and it doesn't require a ton of speed or snap to get it to fly properly (but you can throw it with a a lot of speed and snap without bad results such as forehand trouble shots). It just feels so much better in my hand than most mids. And even though I know this is going to bring on all sorts of "I love my Roc" posts, I hate the way a Roc feels in my hand and I can't do as much with it as I can a Spider.

QMS ftw. I have never had another disc raise the question "What disc was that?" more than the QMS. It doesn't hurt that the disc is so beaten in that it holds an anny for a country quarter mile.

Anything Millennium always gets a blank stare when you tell them what it is. That is part of the allure of throwing them. Keeps people from copying your lines when they don't know what disc you threw even after you told them.

I received a free Apache with some factory 2nds from www.gatewaydiscgolfdirect.com, and I love that disc. I'm a noob with a (slowly improving) noodle arm, and this Apache weighs 176g, but I can still throw is pretty straight, and it seems to be slightly understable? But anyway, I like that disc, always invite my friends to try it out, too.

I'm the only guy I know with a gateway apache, and the only one I know with a star FL.

I'm with you on that, i'm the only one that throws an FL at my course.

I'm also the only person i've heard of, on the course or online, that throws an SL.

The Spider in champion plastic. I literally never see people talk about this disc being good and from the tournaments I've played, I've been the only person with it in my bag. I absolutely love this disc. Whatever line you want to put it on it will stay on and it doesn't require a ton of speed or snap to get it to fly properly (but you can throw it with a a lot of speed and snap without bad results such as forehand trouble shots). It just feels so much better in my hand than most mids. And even though I know this is going to bring on all sorts of "I love my Roc" posts, I hate the way a Roc feels in my hand and I can't do as much with it as I can a Spider.

Wife carries a pink champ spider in her bag. She also carries 2 gremlins which I think her and Vegan Ray are the only ones who do that.

The wildcat, I'm the only one that I've seen throw them :-/

Every other disc I've seen thrown even recently, in this thread.

Just this week: Flash, Warrior, JLS, FL, SL, Roc, XXX and Vision. Probably more I just don't need to list 'em all.

Ions are talked about a lot here, but I never see anyone other than me on the course with them. lol Could be because they are still pretty new and a new company.

Quest Defenders are flippy discs but could be a great first hyzer-flip disc and give someone with a noodle a good bit of distance, but never see anyone use one.

Nebula

I never see anyone else throw the nebula, or 2008 Ace Race disc. It does help that discraft doesnt even list it on its site. Its a shame they never produced them beyond the ace race run, its a very reliable disc with good glide and a predictable fade, like a middle ground between a buzz and wasp id imagine.

Its my staple for backhand shots 150-230, and probably the most well-rounded midrange in my bag. The others (Gators and Flying squirrel) are both utility discs that I use situationally, but neither of them has quite the combo of length AND stability/predictability that the nebula has (just one or the other)

MRX, nobody throws one but me because nobody can find them anymore around here. i got lucky and found a nice one in the used bin at PIAS and i've used it ever since.

I throw a Polaris LS pretty often. At medium speed, it goes straight as an arrow, and at high speed it has a nice long, slow, right turn. Very prdictable. I used to throw an "S Driver" by Whamo, yes, an actual Frisbee. It had a flight very similar to the Polaris. At the time I owned it, it was my #1 driver. When I lost it, I didn't replace it because by that time, I was able to throw other drivers.

I'm going to say most anything by discmania, DGA, and Vibram.
Those companies make amazing discs and get little love on the course.
I'm partial to the PD, GM (Gremlin), Rogue, and VP.

..I throw both the Polaris LS (rhfh anhyzer) and Star FL (tomahawk) quite a bit. Both great under-appreciated discs.

I love cheetahs, I always have two in my bag, one newish and one more beat. They're great for long straight shots and right turning shots where you want the turn without burning it over into a roller like the leopard tends to do.

I love cheetahs, I always have two in my bag, one newish and one more beat. They're great for long straight shots and right turning shots where you want the turn without burning it over into a roller like the leopard tends to do.

I keep meaning to try one of those and still have not.

..I throw both the Polaris LS (rhfh anhyzer) and Star FL (tomahawk) quite a bit. Both great under-appreciated discs.
As some have probably noticed, I recommend the Polaris LS and Cheetah all the time. I just don't want to admit that no one throws them. ;)

Latest posts