• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] The Blunt Gumputt

Blunt Gumputt: Awesome or Garbage?

• Awesome

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Garbage

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
that disc taught me a lot when i was learning the sport. a great transition disc for people coming from a lid-handling background. its great to play catch with but acts more like a disc than a lid.

I bought one today and tested it out on the course. I was putting like Stevie Wonder since I wasn't used to throwing it. Any advice?

that disc taught me a lot when i was learning the sport. a great transition disc for people coming from a lid-handling background. its great to play catch with but acts more like a disc than a lid.

x2
This disc generally sits where it lands because it will fold like a pancake when it hits the ground.

I used to use it for precarious landings. The few times I took it for one disc rounds I was amazed how much distance I could get with it. I need to throw it again... I'm pretty sure I was getting over 300' with it. It seemd to fit between putters and mids for me. Unfortunately I switched to a loft style putt. This technique doesn't work well with soft discs so I haven't thrown my Gumbputt in a looong time. Also the rim is really slanted like a more agressive version of the Roc+.

Not a bad disc but definitely not for everyone. Definitely makes you learn to throw cleaner.

Didn't like the rim

I bought one as an impulse buy when I was in the proshop at DeLa, mostly beacuse it is so soft I liked how it wouldn't bounce off the basket if I missed my putt. Also, I've been putting with a soft magnet for about a year now and thought "if the magnet is good, the softer the better!"

I quickly quit throwing it because the rim is way too wide (compared to the magnet) and didn't feel right in my hand while setting up for a putt. Other than that, it hit the ground and didn't skip or roll too much - which I liked. It also grabbed onto the chains pretty well with an off-center putt.

Gave it to my girlfriend and she loves it.

its a neat disc. got my first ace with it in 2001 or so on a wide open 220' hole. didnt make a sound. OP what are you planning on using it for?

I think it would be a good medium to short range putter. I usually use my Magnet for long range putts, or my Polecat. What do you think I should use if for.

Last edited:
catch.:p

honestly i think if you can throw it far its best as a wooded fairway driving putter. if those things hit the trees they drop like rocks. i dont like the gumbputt for the short game because of how poorly it fares in the wind.

I bought a really old one that looks a lot like a birdie, great for playing catch, good for practicing snap with no armspeed, may put it back in the bag to try on wooded holes.

I bought one a few years ago and my wife confiscated it, she won't give it up. I started getting serious about learning to throw BH this year and have been practicing with putters a lot. I have several Omega SS, 1 Aviar P&A, and the Gumbputt for practice. My form is still a work in progress but for what it's worth the gumbputt goes the farthest when I get a good clean throw with it. The other putters have been a little more consistent for me though.

I prefer the Powerdrive mold a LOT better. I can't get over that stupid slanty inner rim...I've still got the blowfly version of that mold gumbputt if you want to buy one.

\/\/

dga_disc_golf_discs__blunt_gumputt.jpg

Is that thing soft like the Blowfly? If so, no thanks...

I would never dream of putting with it, but for approach shots where I fear a stiff disc rolling away - it's a godsend.

Latest posts