• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Course, Fontanel Mansion, Nashville, TN

just got back from my second round at the course at fontanel. the course is a lot of fun and has a shot for everybody, lefites,righties, kids and crushers. 2/3rds of the holes are in the fields but creeks, mandos, and OBs keep you on your toes. The shot straight down the "mountain" is crazy cool once you get there and is a nice place to catch a breath and relax. For a brand new course i really think they did a good job and the potential for it to evolve over the next 10 years is endless. This may be a rumor but i heard a beer cart girl is in the works for the future so ill be checking back with them real soon.
p.s. buda dude, if a man builds a disc golf course for everyone to enjoy cut the guy a lil slack and dont let triffles spoil a good course

CDent I am the one you talked to with the older guy that was visiting. Like I said in my other post I just don't like how many pure open hole (no trees or bushes in the way) there are with so much woods. Maybe you can tell us why there are so many open holes and not many wooded ones. Sorry about Rodney he has issues haha. O yes I help build and maintain a course. Burde Ridge!

Dude... WTF :doh:

HAHA sorry! You are older then me so you are the older guy!

What's the scoop on this re-design? I visit Nashville every fall for work and I think I remember passing on playing this course the last couple years. I now see that it's been re-designed and updated? What was included in the re-design?

From the pictures, some holes have 2 pars/distances listed, but there are no multiple tees or baskets? Hole info shows 2 tees on 6 of the holes?

Their website flashes a picture of course map with less than 18 holes? First post of this thread shows an 18 hole course (assumingly the original 2011 design) but not the same course/layout in the course photos?

Did old reviews/ratings before the re-design get deleted? This is a good thing if the new course is very different - I just can't remember everything about what I saw on this site about this course last year or the year before.

Not sure I understand what's going on here.

I will try and answer your questions as best I can.

What's the scoop on this re-design? I visit Nashville every fall for work and I think I remember passing on playing this course the last couple years. I now see that it's been re-designed and updated? What was included in the re-design?

The difference is quite dramatic. Previously, you played 9 holes in the field leading up to a large hill (mountain?). Then you played up and alongside the mountain for a few holes. Then a dramatic downhill shot. Then back to the field and back to the clubhouse.

The redesign served two essential needs:
1. It eliminated some of the redundancy of the of the open field shots, i.e. Hole 2, Hole 4 and one more were eliminated. Currently you play six holes in the open before cutting into the woods -- at which point you have covered the same area that previously occupied 9 or 10 holes.
2. It opened up a second hill where an additional 5 or 6 (or 7?) fairways were carved out. Now you still get the dramatic down the mountain shot (feature hole) and you also get much more wooded goodness!

Finally hole 16 takes you out of the mountain. 17 is a huge turnover shot over trees, then 18 takes you back to the clubhouse.

Their website flashes a picture of course map with less than 18 holes? First post of this thread shows an 18 hole course (assumingly the original 2011 design) but not the same course/layout in the course photos?

The redesign uses several of the old holes. There are in fact 18. The tee signs show multiple pin placements but I don't believe the alternate pin placements are in the ground yet...coming soon I assume.

Did old reviews/ratings before the re-design get deleted? This is a good thing if the new course is very different - I just can't remember everything about what I saw on this site about this course last year or the year before.

Sort of. It would appear that "Fontanel Mansion and Farm" the old layout is R.I.P. and The Course @ Fontanel is now on the map.

Lastly, the baskets are the same, tee pads are carpet, they sell a few Fontanel discs in the amazing cafe on site. They have rededicated themselves in to making disc golf a fantastic experience. However, the course had some flood damage recently and the local guys have been putting in some work getting it back into shape.

Hope that helps

Thanks - I appreciate it. Sounds like I will have to check it out this fall.

That sounds like a much improved re-design.

I played the first layout and was not impressed at all except for the true mountain golf holes which there were only 5 or 6.

Sounds like it's a bit better now for sure. Will check it next time I head back home to see the fam.

Definitely sounds better. I'll try to play it again on my next trip to Nashville. Very cool.

I just saw on my played courses list that Fontanel is extinct? What happened, the course was freshly redesigned when I played it last year.

I can believe it. Just seemed out of place there.

I couldn't believe prodigy had that dump representing their brand. With a little tlc it had potential, but the way it was last fall :\

Latest posts