• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] The DG Aotearoa thread.

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Talk about this obscure brand of discs. That Tui looks nifty to throw.

I done heard a rumor about some Finnish disc called the JOKERi. Sounds like a fast, lean, mean putter. Not here yet, but with my love of beadles Scandinavian plastic, I am sure I will own 5 very soon. Rumor has it that some DGCr members have some on order. Let's here how they fly.

I spent a while trying to find some real info on this brand recently but came up with nothing.
GGGT has some good deals on their discs right now though (link)

And unfortunately I forgot to check them out the last time I was there

I done heard a rumor about some Finnish disc called the JOKERi. Sounds like a fast, lean, mean putter. Not here yet, but with my love of beadles Scandinavian plastic, I am sure I will own 5 very soon. Rumor has it that some DGCr members have some on order. Let's here how they fly.

The Prodiscus Jokeri. Yeah, it sounds like a really straight driving putter. They (DGR) were hoping that it would be like a Pure in Opto but it sounds like it will be straighter and maybe lower profile, I can't remember.

Here's a link to their thread on all things Prodiscus.

I'm glad you started this thread. I'm curious if anyone else has thrown a Tui, I'm beginning to think I'm the only one... It has a very distinct parachute fade, doesn't fade left (RHBH) just straight down from whatever direction it happens to be traveling along. I have pretty small hands and I like the way it feels. Plastic is top notch, wish they had colors other than clear, I let a girl use it once and she lost sight of it and we couldn't find it. hole was fairly open and only about 180' to the pin. Once I was about 180' out give or take from the pin. I had landed in some serious rough and could literally not do any kind of run up. I gave this little guy a 60% rip and.... Bangerang! It's saved my butt more than once, very touchy, will help with form.

You need to drop it in some dye.

It sounds a lot like a Polecat. That's why I'm interested in it, if it's a cheap facsimile of a light, champ Pole Cat then that would be the dog's bollocks.

That's a swell idea, before I lost mine I hadn't a clue about dyeing. The stamp that comes on it is pretty slick, some kind of pattern along the outside would probably help quite a bit.

Once you pay me back you can try it out again. I'mma lookin forward to mine!!!!

I hate being the guy that owes everyone money, if I collected debts from some of my "clients" that would probably be enough to pay you off. Don't worry about it man you know I'm good for it, I appreciate you ordering all that, I'll pay you in full next time I see you.

Another thread off topic before page two even starts...*Sigh* I can't believe no one else has tried out DG Aotearoa...

Another thread off topic before page two even starts...*Sigh* I can't believe no one else has tried out DG Aotearoa...

I can't even pronounce it, let alone ever thrown it. :|

Aotearoa?

I know they're kiwis and all but naming your outfit and all your discs in Maori legend-speak is bufoonery, tomfoolery and outright butthuffery...strictly from a pr/sales standpoint-

However, with regard to all other aspects...it's pretty damn cool.

Te Moko has some interesting cross-lingual action in spanglish

I booger you, too!

Te Moko is an awesome superclass disc. Prefer it to a Zephyr. It's got a slightly funky dome to it, and glide forever.

My brother had a Raptor (X I believe) that I picked him up from GGGT when I was there the first time. I threw it a few times. It reminded me a lot of my Champ Orc, however, I wasn't throw drastically far then. But it did hold a line, and work well into a headwind, and then fade decently hard. He used it for straight shot that need to fade harder to the left.

Those are the two I have thrown. Would use Te Mokos as my superclass disc. I might have to get a lightweight Zephyr or UltraStar though since the Te Moko only come in one weight class.

Tried out a raptor once. I remember it looked very OS, threw it once and almost lost it due to it flipping over into a roller. Never seen such a stable looking disc being so understable, I'm usually decent at guessing flight based on profile...

Latest posts