• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really should take my time doin the lines next to each other... Oh well, I like it. And Tommy Trash is awesome! :D

b1d1dd4a7bfe11e2ae9922000a1f9b71_7.jpg

So what kinda dye do you all use? Never dyed before and have an old pink champ roc that is now gray/colorless.

I just want to add a solid color so it's easier to find.

2013-02-21_17-27-27_405_zps9cea5a2a.jpg

Last edited:
Luv 'em Pacanova, Hypnotoad is sweet!

We got some 12-18" of snow today, really piled up in front of the house! When I wasn't shoveling snow I got a little dye work done. A new Buzzz for pea phunk.

buzzzsDSC_3396_zps524e0670.jpg

Attachments

• snowday buzzz DSC_3398.JPG
    snowday buzzz DSC_3398.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 34
attachment.php

first dye ever, done with diluted black pen ink. vector was clear b4 took minutes and seems dark.. anyone tried ink as dye?

We got some 12-18" of snow today, really piled up in front of the house! When I wasn't shoveling snow I got a little dye work done. A new Buzzz for pea phunk.

so If I left the stamp on a disc when I dip dye it. With the stamp be dyed? Or does the stamp not take ink?? I was curious.

That was my plan for the day, but i ended up spending almost 6 hours shoveling and was exhausted....had to get the wife in the garage.

Sexy looking dye Dan

FIRST DYE

Very first/experimental dye. Nothing compared to 99% of dyes on here but im happy. Old Star Valkyrie. Was white with a red stamp and a little nicked up.Powder RIT and sharpie(emblem). Good start me thinks. Thanks for all the inspiration ive found through you guys on here.

Attachments

• firstdye.jpg
    firstdye.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 65
so If I left the stamp on a disc when I dip dye it. With the stamp be dyed? Or does the stamp not take ink?? I was curious.

Typically stamps do not take the dye. But lighter colored stamps like that silver/white discraft will show a little bit of "staining".

i'm not positive diluted pen ink would be a permanent dye... unless you heated it to high heats and it "stained" the soft plastic. i use a bic pen frequently when setting up dyes and it always comes off w/ acetone.

What would one use to dye freehand? and which is the better method in general between using a stencil or free handing? Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.