• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I forgot about it, so it was probably 20 min regular rit+water. It feels like Pro, but its super stiff, so I expect it to blur out a bit too. It also had a million little grooves (you can see them in the light reflections in the pic) which I thought would bleed out a ton, but they were fine too.

Because of those little grooves my guess would be that it's their base plastic

Oh and nice job

well, I forgot about it, so it was probably 20 min regular rit+water. It feels like Pro, but its super stiff, so I expect it to blur out a bit too. It also had a million little grooves (you can see them in the light reflections in the pic) which I thought would bleed out a ton, but they were fine too.

a trip. i did a 'soft' (crazy rigid...like jk aviar rigid) dye a ways back and still got less-than-black after 5 hours and 3 reheats of water and black rit powder.

picture.php

milhouse, 174g. xout evolution wizard.

couple bleeds, mostly where the stamp was still raised, and there was some weird scratches on the disc.

180339_492613967875_706887875_6251934_7687319_n.jpg

Ok so heres my attempt at a more advanced dye with lots of fine lines. Its Spike from Cowboy Bebop on a Champ Orc. I got some bad bleeds around the rim b/c I had crinkles in the vinyl when I applied it, which I knew would bleed, but I spent so much time cutting the lines that I just went with it instead of starting over. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Bebop.jpg

Liking the Cowboy Bebop dye. Anyone ever seen Berserk? I would love to have Guts and Griffith on a disc together...

Hey guys. I just wanted to offer a sincere thank you for the instruction and inspiration on this board. I've dyed my first 15 or 20 discs over the last 6 months and it's been a great experience.

Portal dyes on a Champion Orc and a Champion Valkyrie. These were the first two discs I did.
OrcValkyrie1.jpg

Charles Bronson on a Champion Valkyrie
IMG_3280.jpg

Torgo from Manos: The Hands of Fate / Mystery Science Theater 3000
IMG_3155.jpg

Brewers logo with marbling using BennettUA's method

IMG_0043.jpg

Pink Floyd hammers. I believe credit goes to agent peebody on this design. Correct me if I'm wrong.
IMG_0026.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3155.jpg
    IMG_3155.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3280.jpg
    IMG_3280.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 15
NICE! Flamble. Love the Brewers/marble. And I don't think PB gets credit for the PF logo... R. Waters might have something to say about that. Reguardless, he's love PB's work as we all do.

Great work Flamble! Especially the Brewers logo, that must've been tough to mask the two colors properly, well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts