• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple commission dyes.
Cal Poly logo on a Star Katana. Kinda wish I had gone for a short dip in dark green to get a little darker green. Oh well. :|
dwv42.jpg

Did you go to Cal Poly? I lived in SLO county and worked in SLO for 4 years. I always loved walking into town for lunch. That place has some serious eye candy.

Sons of anarchy on a star TL. Can't tell you how much I did not enjoy doing this dye. Couple small spots where It didn't get weeded properly. :doh: Plus overall just a royal pain. Looks pretty decent though.
9u15eh.jpg

Do you have the vector for that, and if so, would you be willing to share it?

Scarwig: Nope. Not sure how this guy found me. I've never even been to cali.

wkebrd3: Sorry. I hand cut. No vectors from me.

Last edited:
@yrnmbrsup - I've had vinyl lift a couple times. Once there were a few dirty spots on the disc, and the other times I think I got it too hot and some of the sharp points contracted a bit and lifted off the disc.

WOW! Sick SOA dyes! Kinda sucks because I hadn't seen one and just asked Fishy to do me one yesterday! Thought I was gonna start the SOA fad, now i am just another guy with an overused dye! LOL:wall:

Star Katana
72287_g.jpg

Champ groove, When I finished the burst, the center looked empty and I didn't have any ideas. I'm not too happy with the outcome.
71550_g.jpg

^^ I like it, balances spot on geometry with chaos.

Eky8 the knifework on that SOA disc is extreme, nicely done!

@yrnmbrsup - I've had vinyl lift a couple times. Once there were a few dirty spots on the disc, and the other times I think I got it too hot and some of the sharp points contracted a bit and lifted off the disc.

Thanks, I use two different vinyls, One tolerates heat better than the other and I used the wrong one.

Awesome Bennett. Thanks for sharing Spidey on the web! I like the aftershock idea. I may add it to my list.

Spidey on a sweet Z Buzzz:
5937922571_68c13122c5_z.jpg

Spidey from the back:
5937922921_3a79397512_z.jpg
Spider Pig next? "Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does whatever a Spiderpig does. Does he swing from a web? No, he can't cuz he's a pig. Watch Out! Here comes the Spiderpig."

Ned Flanders as Satan on a Demon disc would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.