• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure! I LOVE that Firebird dye. Concept is perfect and execution is very close. I think one more color would set it off! Yellow...

For sure! I LOVE that Firebird dye. Concept is perfect and execution is very close. I think one more color would set it off! Yellow...

Thanks man, I am only about 2 months in to the dyeing thing, but I am completely addicted to it. And, yes, I do agree but in this day of RIT reformulation I have plenty of Orange and Red but had no Yellow. You are definitely right Yellow woulda for sure set it off!!!!

A glow orc. For my bag. Now I just gotta figure out how to take a good glow picture.
29wtklx.jpg

Last edited:
A glow orc. For my bag. Now I just gotta figure out how to take a good glow picture.
29wtklx.jpg

VERY NICE!!

I'd love to see a moon in the background, kinda behind the head and clouds in the top left. If you're like me you have no yellow though :wall: HAHA

But seriously, very nice

I have lots of colors. Yellow included. The way I envisioned it was the whole disc is the moon. I considered adding a lighter shade of blue to add highlights. and I still might. But currently I am undecided. Didn't want to take too much away from the glow.

Bennett we want tips on taking glo pics! You have taken some great ones, mine as a rule suck! How do ya do it???

Oh and nice discs too :D, eky8 that was my first impression, the glow pic will really make it work, nicely done! CTR the firebird needs to be in the cool dye combo's thread, great job!

I have lots of colors. Yellow included. The way I envisioned it was the whole disc is the moon. I considered adding a lighter shade of blue to add highlights. and I still might. But currently I am undecided. Didn't want to take too much away from the glow.

That's how I saw it too. Maybe some light dip grey craters? Could give a really neat 3rd dimensional look against the foreground silhouette.

To take glow pictures...you have to have a tripod...you need a long exposure due to the lack of light. The long exposure and having to hand hold the camera causes the blur.

Elimnate the shake in the camera/subject and you can take a good glow photo.

You could place both on a table and try and take the photo.

Here are a few recent ones.

IMG_3784.jpg

Rocky the Squirrel on an ABC Flying Squirrel

IMG_3783.jpg

The not so silver Silver Surfer (let it sit too long in the pearl grey dye for the first shade)

IMG_3721.jpg
Kramer

IMG_3722.jpg

George

A trio that I did this past weekend...

Attachments

• Beastchamp.jpg
    Beastchamp.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Destroyer.jpg
    Destroyer.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 25
  • hotVulcan.jpg
    hotVulcan.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 38
Bennett we want tips on taking glo pics! You have taken some great ones, mine as a rule suck! How do ya do it???

To take glow pictures...you have to have a tripod...you need a long exposure due to the lack of light. The long exposure and having to hand hold the camera causes the blur.

Elimnate the shake in the camera/subject and you can take a good glow photo.

You could place both on a table and try and take the photo.

There it is!

Lengthen the exposure time;
Keep the camera as still as possible - definitely use a tripod if you have one;
Set the camera on a delay if you are able - that way the shake of pressing the camera button is gone by the time the exposure starts, creating a much cleaner picture;
Get into a room that is as DARK as possible - little/ no light pollution;
Charge your disc up as best as you can, then get the picture taken as close to the end of your glow charge as possible.

Biggest keys -- no light pollution, long exposure time, keep camera still.

Thanks for the tips! Here's one from a while back but I never posted a glo pic 'cuz I never even came close to the required exposure time, 25s. I've had this disc for close to a year now, my long driver that's seen lotsa sunshine, I don't think she has quite the glow she once did ;)!

glonukeDSC_8612.jpg

Tough Project for me but I like the results on such heavily used disc
-My wife's Innova Groove
picture.php

Nice dye! Love the art. Tell her to write her name in the inside rim so it does not show through the champ plastic like that. Very important when you dyeing champ as her name takes your eyes away from the dye

This wasn't my design but I never saw a post with the finished disc. So I'm posting my dye job.

117906_g.jpg

A Dye and some Cord

Busy night...a dye, and a few paracord bracelet's. And those aren't bleeds, at first I was only going to do just the black outline, and then decided to do the green so needed to cut the line for the green...but overall happy with this one! It is a replacement Sidewinder going into the bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts