• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one.
A Champion Roadrunner. Crappy Pic though.
2639da9.jpg

Somebody wanted to know how Royal Blue looked on orange plastic...forget who though...
turned out alright. Not as blue and more dark, but it could just be my mix and time...
IMAG0295.jpg

Wanted to do another Lebowski dye, but Walter is kinda over done by now. Did this as a test on my, well test disc, so that is why there is all the crap in the background. Dye is actually green in person, but came out dark on the phone pic. Tried some new things with how I lay them out usually, pretty happy, now for the real thing. By the way has anybody ever thrown a Gateway Rage? One of the worst discs I ever found.

IMG00198-20111128-0745.jpg

Did this one today. I think it came out really nicely. Hand drawing and cutting has been taking some time lately.
111128_190125.jpg

My first Disc dye

Well I did my first dye job today :thmbup: Its an enhanced sorta tribal two tone dying of my pup dog..... "Deke"

I'm pretty happy with it.. I learned a lot about cutting, slow at first then got better.. I had a few bleeds and had trouble with getting the vinyl to stick for the shading. I had cut it to deep and it was hard removing the backing off the vinyl and keeping it all stuck, but it worked out in the end. I think I got the second dip about right for the shading but about went to long:doh: Can't wait to try my full on tribal idea I got while working on this.. I spent time yesterday studying the the Dye threads and 101 tutorials.. Gathered up the rest of my materials today, and the rest is history.. Thanks to all the tutorial makers:hfive:

Oracal 651
painters blue masking tape
Rit black dye #08511

Dekedye2.jpg

DekeDye.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts