• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Earlewood Classic

DavidSauls

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
For the last decade, the Earlewood Classic has been one of the toughest tickets to get in the disc golf world. From time to time, various solutions have been proposed. For 2015, one has finally been implemented.

This year, the tournament will split into two weekends---Ams on February 28-March 1, and Pros only on March 7-8. The extra capacity should help with the registration rush, and it's hoped that the Pros will enjoy having a Pro-only weekend.

Registration goes live tomorrow (Saturday), at high noon, at Disc Golf United.

Disclaimer: This is secondhand information, since I'm not actually involved in running the tournament, nor speaking for those who are. If it's wrong, or changes, don't shoot me.

For the last decade, the Earlewood Classic has been one of the toughest tickets to get in the disc golf world. From time to time, various solutions have been proposed. For 2015, one has finally been implemented.

This year, the tournament will split into two weekends---Ams on February 28-March 1, and Pros only on March 7-8. The extra capacity should help with the registration rush, and it's hoped that the Pros will enjoy having a Pro-only weekend.

Registration goes live tomorrow (Saturday), at high noon, at Disc Golf United.

Disclaimer: This is secondhand information, since I'm not actually involved in running the tournament, nor speaking for those who are. If it's wrong, or changes, don't shoot me.
Holy Cow!!!! Great idea guy's. I know you and Ed are probably not "excited" about twice the work. but thank you for the effort!

David we did the same thing 2 years ago with our tournament (The Azalea), and it has absolutely been well worth the additional work. we actually filled both events last year. BUT we capped the pro event at 72. 4 somes are great! You guys might want to consider it. It might cut down on the 20 person party that always breaks out on hole 18's tee.:D

The Azalea was one of examples that's being followed.

To be clear, Ed's no longer running it. He's retired, the new club leadership has stepped up. I used to be a club insider but I'm not that involved any more, just close enough to pass along these details.

Pros don't mind playing with Ams. We embrace all frisbiterians.

I'll be surprised if BOTH don't fill.

The Azalea was one of examples that's being followed.

To be clear, Ed's no longer running it. He's retired, the new club leadership has stepped up. I used to be a club insider but I'm not that involved any more, just close enough to pass along these details.
Changing of the guard. The same things is happening here in Wilmington as well. It is a good thing David. gives up more time to post on internet forums.....and actually warming up for your home event.

Matt, I would think it has more to do with getting more people into the event than segregation.

Changing of the guard. The same things is happening here in Wilmington as well. It is a good thing David. gives up more time to post on internet forums.....and actually warming up for your home event.

New blood is good.

I haven't been very involved with the Columbia club for 3 or 4 years now. The 2-man Stoney Hill Club keeps me busy enough.

......and still PLENTY of spots open, for both weekends. Wow, we've not heard that in a LOT of years for this event. I remember back when we MAILED the forms to Ed's house, and at the end before we went to internet, there were people actually taking it to Ed's house to make sure they got in.

Personally, I'm hoping the Am side doesn't fill. 80 would be great. Foursomes!

Sorry David, AM side is officially FULL now. But as of this morning, only 26 Pros, so, I have a feeling that if some Ams were holding back for whatever reason, and really want to play, they will be taking in the Pro weekend.