• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Frolf Club

Don't know about you guys but I'll throw anything that can be thrown and solidly enjoy the planning and execution. A new way to launch golf discs is awesome.

Exactly. I play disc golf because I love throwing discs not because I love golf. :thmbup:

While this is the dumbest idea I've seen in a long time (from a disc golfer's perspective), I can't rip on it too much. Wham-O! has made millions off of "stupid" ideas for decades. This thing reminds me of a ring launcher that they make for dog owners. I'm too lazy to look up a link, but I've seen them at pet stores and they're pretty similar.

Woah, woah, easy there, bmart. Wham-O's products are singularly responsible for the genesis of our obsession.;) :) Grandpa may be incontinent now, but back in the day he was a hero.

Last edited:
I think it looks fun. I'd try it out for sure. I'll donate when I have some extra money. Hopefully it actually makes it to the production stage unlike the Walkadisc or the Six shooter. I've also seen something similar with a golf club attachment and an Aerobie ring that came from Asia. it always seems strange to me how a bunch of people who already play an obscure sport can be so close-minded.

Other fun uses:
We have a lot of fun just tossing discs back and forth in a large field or
Playing fetch with a retired "dog disc"
If you plan on getting one, please help us reach our goal soon so we can kick off manufacturing.
thanks
-David

This looks really fun. I can see this being great for my 6 yo. Lots of benefits. Good work!

Disabled World announces the adaptive sport for those in need or for those that just want to goof around.

Our Funding campaign ends in just over a week. We'd love the final support do we can start molding ASAP. Fund Today

I watched the video and I got to be honest, it looks really gimmicky and the name hurts my ears. I'd probably laugh a lot if I ever saw somebody using one. But more power to you and hope it works out.

You should really consider changing the name if you want anybody to take you seriously. It's not "fun " or "wacky " it's just ridiculous sounding.

Woah, woah, easy there, bmart. Wham-O's products are singularly responsible for the genesis of our obsession.;) :) Grandpa may be incontinent now, but back in the day he was a hero.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The Frisbee was originally a stupid idea. But look how much enjoyment so many people have gotten out of that invention. I still think the Folf Club is dumb and has the worst name I've heard in years, but I would have ripped on the Frisbee too. I also ripped on the Mariners getting excited about Felix Hernandez as a rookie. I'm clearly not an expert.

No relation to salient discs.

Check out this post that went up after Disabled World anounced it would help get more people that have a hard time throwing outside.
New Mobility

Our crowdfunding campaign ends in 2 days. If you would like to support, now is the time.
thanks

I think this device could become a great tool for allowing those with physical limitations to join more able-bodied folks on the course, good luck with the funding etc.

Once things get up and running and you've got some folks using these puppies out on the course, shoot me some footage. This would make a nice story, and a good companion for a story I'd like to do on a nearby ADA-approved 9 hole circuit.

Municipalities and other power-holding bodies may be far more receptive to disc golf as we become more inclusive, and your new wrinkle on throwing will be a big help.

Best regards,

Joe

Latest posts